1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboard BIOS updates (found it, nevermind)

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Venom5880, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

I recently purchased an MSI K9VGM-V motherboard, but it's given me nothing but hell.

I wanted to try and update the BIOS, but I can't seem to find a site that has it. MSI's site doesn't have it up for direct download, and every site that I've come across has the 1.1 BIOS.

I already RMA'd the first one since it wouldn't boot any OS I threw at it (Windows blue screened and Linux would throw tons of errors til it just finally gave up).

From what I've gathered, the BIOS is the problem, but I can't find an update to fix it with. Anyone have any know of any sites that would have it?

This is the board by the way. Currently, it's flashed with an Award v1.2 BIOS.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130542

EDIT:
    Nevermind, I got a hold of an MSI tech and he's sending me the latest one. According to him, the 1.2 BIOS isn't compatible with the processor I bought (AMD X2 4000+), and is the reason it won't boot. Hopefully the 1.38 BIOS works better...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Venom5880 - that second userbar is 177kb, the max allowed in a sig is 50kb, your 2 userbars total over 200kb. Remove that second bar ASAP.