1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboard issues!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by djkc2000, Nov 28, 2004.

1. djkc2000

djkc2000 Member

Here's the problem;

While trying to chip my xbox (with the Xenium ICE mod chip; Solderless; BAD IDEA) I wreaked the power feed to the motherboard somehow. Now when I turn it on it comes on for a second then turn off, on, then off, then on but at a black screen with the open button blinking red. I've been able to play my xbox a little by pluging the motherboard power cable cable in at an angle but now even that doesn't work! The chip is well installed (I ended up soldering it in) cause at first this on-off thing happend every once in a great while! now it's constant!

I'm not affraid of soldering anymore ; Has anyone experinced this before and if so, is there a way to fix it or should I just get a new MOBO?

2. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

Never seen this problem before.. check that the resistors around the power (yellow) cable are intact..

3. djkc2000

djkc2000 Member

I'm pretty sure that the issue is solely with the motherboard. When this issue started first I thought it was the power supply so I baought another one. Now I have 2 power suppies but the problem still stands.

4. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

mine did the exact same thing right after i soldered my xecuter 2.0. what happened was i forgot one screw that goes into the mobo as a ground. check every single screw. hopefully this helps...

5. jra8402

jra8402 Member

my xtender case came fedex this afternoon, and i went to put it on to find out i had to sodder three wires on, i am not the greatest sodderer around. I spent hours trying to get the damn thing to work and after looking around on the net i figured out that i burned out R3G4 connector, i think it is a resistor. and now when i plug the xbox power cord in the xbox just turns on by itself, and the power button or eject button have no effect. the led's oome on, on the power assembly but that is about it, and i cannot eject the dvd drive to put a game in, any ideas on how i can replace the resistor of R3G4 or if i have to buy a new motherboard?