1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboard question

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by truno, Jun 9, 2007.

1. truno

truno Member

My friend is a dumb ass. he broke off the little clip that holds the screen ribbon in place on the mother board. is there any way that i can get that little plastic piece off of another psp mother board and use it on my motherboard. its the little piece that flips up and down and lets you slip out the ribbon.

2. pixels

pixels Member

hello truno i undrstand what its like to have your psp not in its original state i think i can help you to fix it back or mend it or some thing take 2 pitchures one of where the broken part goes to and another zoomed out a little to show the whole area make it quick i have to go

3. pixels

pixels Member

oh now i get it i dont think you can mend it if you had a 50W soldering iron and some soldering wire it might do the trick dont keep it too long without doing someting about it and TRY NOT TOUCH MUCH OF THE LITTLE SOLDERING DOTS ON THE CIRCUIT(MOTHERBOARD) THE STATIC ELECTRICITY CAN HARM YOUR PSP IN WAYS YOU CANT IMAGINE QUICK GET THE IMAGES YOULL HAVE TO IMPROVICE

4. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

got the same problem mate.i just put it together anywayz and my psp works fine. aslong as you push the ribbon fully in it shouldnt come out when everything is in place.

5. truno

truno Member

cool so as long as the ribbon is in there it should work. then that means the screen i had was bad because it just stayed white when i used it. i would open my psp and try it on mine but mine still has the void seal untampered. i tried to turn it on and see if it is just the screen but i can't hear anything either so i have no idea weather the motherboard is still good. maybe the psp runs a self diagnostic first and sees that the screen is messed up and refuses to boot. nah never mind that ridiculous.

6. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

na. it will boot up without the screen conected.
    if the screen is just turning white it sounds like its not connected properly. i have no idea bout the sound though. maybe its not your screen. have you scratched the mobo at all?
    also, you can open a psp without voiding varrenty. either use a heat gun(not really recommended though) or use a tiny skrewdriver and gentle push the label back. dont lift or peel it, just push it back till the skrews are visable. then when done push it back.

7. truno

truno Member

ok so i decided to screw my warranty and open up my psp. i used my screen on my friends psp. it worked only when i held the ribbon down with my finger. and from taking out my screen i have learned that that clip is almost impossible to replace. it is sad, because the motherboard has 3.10 oe b on it.it almost makes me want to cry. hackable psp's are getting rarer and rarer.

any ideas on alternative ways to keep the ribbon in place?