1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboard SATA Question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mega123, Nov 4, 2011.

1. mega123

mega123 Regular member

I have the ASUS P5P43TD Motherboard, looked everywhere, I have no idea if it is compatible with the Xbox 360 when it comes to flashing, hoping someone can come through and answer this for me. 4 SATA ports available. One taken up by my HDD.

Cheers.

Oh btw, not sure if this helps, but I used AIDA64 to check my system, and I saw this;

Device Description Intel 82801JB ICH10 - 2-port SATA Controller
    Device Description Intel 82801JB ICH10 - 4-port SATA Controller

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  2. whompus

whompus Active member

ICH10 chipset will work fine. I currently use ICH10R with no problems. I have in the past used as old as ICH8 with no problems what so ever. Probably even work fine on older, I just have not used older.

3. mega123

mega123 Regular member

Oh just quickly, will using the Xbox 360 to power the DVD drive result in me being BANNED automatically or being offline flagged ?

Because I mean, I failed the AP25 Check with a burnt copy of Fable 3, and got unreadable disc, which most liely flagged me. (I WILL NEVER GO ON XBL, just want to say that)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  4. eeeinator

eeeinator Member

If you dont care about going online then using the xbox360 to power the drive is fine, i have it done and gone on live without issue, just make sure you have the video cable plugged in or the xbox will automatically shut off after a few minutes

5. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

It's only a theory that it does, but I've always flashed my consoles with the 360 powering the drive and I've never had one banned.

6. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

Same here. I used to do that some time back, and none of those consoles have been banned.