1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

motherboards

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jdub692, Apr 16, 2007.

1. jdub692

jdub692 Member

hey guys im new here so i thought i would stop in and say wasssup to all of you. i had a really quick question about changing motherboards in a psp i have some guys telling its the only way to unbrick a psp besides the mod chip. and another telling me you can only swap in a new motherboard on certain psp's so basically i think he means there is some thing that makes the psp and motherboard compatible together? please help thanks jason

2. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

right, first off if you wana sell your psp tell me hexitnow or anyone else that wants to buy it 2. you can check what board you have by looking in your umd drive. turn ur psp backwards and open ur umd drive and take out the umd and look at the top right if their is writing i think that means that its either a TA-082/TA-086 mobo
    if no writing then its a different motherboard try if you can to get the same one as before just to make sure you get it right if their is writing it should say ic1oo3 backwards for TA-082. their is a thread on here that if you still have ur box you can tell what board u have with the serial code

sorry if this is a little hard to understand but read over it

3. jdub692

jdub692 Member

so if i take the motherboard out of a ta-082 can i put it a the motherboard that originally came with 1.5 firmaware?

4. fultonla

fultonla Guest

you have to put in a ta-082 in to it

5. jdub692

jdub692 Member

ok so as long as its not a ta-082 i can put it in any other one?

6. fultonla

fultonla Guest

just replace a ta-82/86 with the same board and anything else with a non ta-082.

i am not sure on this but this is what i have heard.
    someone correct me if im wrong

7. jdub692

jdub692 Member

can anyone else second this? thanks for the replys

8. fultonla

fultonla Guest

if i were you i would just replace it with the same motherboard it came with...

9. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

yeh what fultona says is right put the same motherboard in just to make sure and if ur wondering why u cant put a non ta082 in a ta-082/086 psp

powers on fine
    no sound
    no screen
    no response from turning it off
    had to resort to taking battery out