1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

motherbords

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by rtrg, Oct 2, 2015.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Please move as needed. What are the DELL desktop models and/or motherboard models that use the PROPRIETARY 24 plus 16 pin PSU. And /or socket 423 MBs or other sockets that use the same PSU and power switch header that the OPTIPLEX GX400 and similar uses. I am looking for a COMPLETE board of this type that would be set up as it would be from a working desktop, maybe even taken from a working desktop. The boards of late I have all display the ORANGE LIGHT OF DEATH. No video, no beeps, no diagnostic lights. ALL advice has failed. Since these were bought as raw boards I have no idea if the hardware I fill it wit is simply being rejected by the board, just as my printers sometimes reject ink, or if the board is faulty or the hardware is faukty. The hardware are all for these exact boards, 4H665, or 0F067 for a DELL DIMENSION 8100, or OPTIPLEX GX400. Both are similar and both use the same hardware. I need help with this. Thanks.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

have you checked on ebay as that is where I get some of my computer stuff from?

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Yes that is where I have been. Lately the boards do not work after I fill them with the hardware, cards, memory, cpu, power board. I get the dreaded ORANGE LIGHT OF DEATH. Nothing I do cures this. Have you ever seen COMPLETE system boards with socket 423?

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

last time I saw 1 was maybe 15 plus years ago.