1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto SLVR L7c and Cricket

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by mnellis, May 4, 2007.

1. mnellis

mnellis Member

I need help!! I have a motorola SLVR l7c and Cricket phone service. I just got the phone 5 days ago and no one can understand me when I talk to them. I have taken the phone back to cricket 4 times and we have tried 3 different phones and bluetooth headsets and nothing works. I think the microphone is too loud but don't know how to turn it down. When I talk my voice is loud enough but it is very garbled. It is better if I hold the phone 3 inches out from my face but that is not practical. Cricket says there isn't a problem but when you pay $300 for a phone and no one can understand you it is a problem.

Has anyone else had this problem??? Please help!

Beth

2. AngieM

AngieM Guest

I have the same problem with my phone, I bought my phone in February. It's very frustrating, people are always telling me that my mouth is too close to my phone, but unless I hold the phone a few inches away, nothing helps....I really regret buying this phone. I mainly bought it for the MP3 player features, but then I spent over $100 on headphones that aren't compatible with the Cricket phone.I also can never get on the web with my phone....I wouldn't advise anyone to buy this phone!!

3. mnellis

mnellis Member

I finally got fed up and went back to Cricket today (for the fourth time since buying the phone) and when they still refused to do anything with the phone I asked them to put my service back on my original phone. They had the nerve to charge me $15 to swap the phone...that is after I bought the phone for $300 (plus tax), we paid $10 to get a new phone under warranty and now this $15. I don't know what is worse: the phone or the customer service at Cricket. This is a warning to everyone - Do not get a Cricket phone...it you have any problems with either the phone or the service they will not support you.

It is also VERY difficult to get ahold of anyone on their 800 number or to contact anyone at the store. They told me to call them the next day if the phone still didn't work. My husband and I both tried multiple times and after being on hold for a few minutes the line is disconnected.

The service plans are cheap (compared to other companies) and now I know why.

Last edited: May 5, 2007