1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto v180 help

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by phillypin, Mar 7, 2005.

1. phillypin

phillypin Member

I have a motorola v180 from Cingular and I have a USB Data cable and I use P2kMan. Can my phone use mp3's as ringtones? I uploaded mp3 ringtones but when I applied them as ringtones, it wouldn't ring at all. Or is the v180 can only use Midi ringtones? I went on the motorola website and it says that it can use mp3's as ringtones as well. I can play the mp3's fine in the gallery, but not as ringtone. Help please. Thanks

2. motov180

motov180 Member

Will your phone play back mp3 ring tones in preview? I had to get mine replaced because it would not recognize mp3's as a ring tone. It would, however, play them in preview. AT&T checked it out and it was faulty. You may have the same problem. How long have you had the phone? You should get it replaced if you are within your warranty period.

3. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

motov180 i guess u r wrong, to apply the mp3 as a ringtone u have to do the following, when u uplaod any tone to ur phone using the P2Kman, make sure always after that to delete two files in a/mobile/audio which they r with the source .db

thnx

4. motov180

motov180 Member

i didn't notice the use of p2kman. my original phone wouldn't play mp3's as ring tone using MPT.

btw mossyy...thanks for the unlocker :)

5. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

no problem at all :D

6. phillypin

phillypin Member

thanks guys, i actually figured it out yesterday. I love it.