1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto V265 - How to get past Verizons Lockouts

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by mossyy, Mar 13, 2005.

1. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

How to use MobilePhoneTools to upload/download things to your Verizon V265

This is a complicated guide, and I just want to tell you that it's gonna get complicated in the first part, so be very careful, and

follow the directions EXACTLY! I can't be held responsible if you turn your phone into a paperweight.

This guide will also help you customize your phone even more than what Verizon let's you.

To use this guide, you'll need 4 things...

1.) a DataCable - hooks your phone to your computer
    2.) MobilePhoneTools - You should have this if you have a datacable
    3.) P2kman and PST Phone Programmer - A seem downloader/uploader...
    4.) a basic understanding of editing files (basicly, know how to read)

To get started, run MobilePhoneTools (I'm going to call this MPT from now on, get used to it!) Make sure you phone is set

up, and you can read your PhoneBook. In MPT, choose Menu>Setup>General Setup, then the Tab "Communication". Click

the "Change modem..." button. Next > Other device, Next > COMx (Motorola USB Modem) *Uncheck the TAPI option", Next

> Do not automaticly detect, Next >

This is the part that get's tricky... You want to choose Motorola CDMA, then the correct phone... Motorola - V710m ... make

sure you get the "m" one... and yes, I know, we're not using a V710, but it's ok... relax... hit OK, and get back to your

phone... the image changes on screen... wow... looks nice...

Now, we are half way there!

Close MPT.

Open P2kman. When P2k say's it's connected, we're going to download some seem's... in the Seem section, From xxxx to

xxxx your gonna put in 041a and 041a. Click download seem. Wait a few seconds. When the seem downloads, open your

favorite Hex Editor. Open the new seem file, and you should see this :

000000: c7 db 41 be fe ff fd ff 87 fd 7d 71 03 17 02 61
    000010: 00 e0 e7 01 10 30 a0 5c 33 18 0f 58 0e da 04 c2
    000020: 01 00 1c 40 00 00 00 30 af 7d e0 df 03 0b 0c 3f
    000030: c2 75 48 03 29 1a 7a 18 e0 03 00 7c 8a 0f b6 86
    000040: 5e 58 29 fa 37 be 04 d0 7f a4 9f 11 5e 34 19 f0
    000050: 60 fd f3 f5 0d 00 00 f8 c0 99 41 c2 41 de f1 0d
    000060: 8b 37 87 91 fa c4 8f ff e1 09 e2 f1 7d ba c5 cd
    000070: bf 03 58 00 a0 05 26 26 26 26

now... we're going to change ONE value... only one... not 2, and defently not 3... just one.

on the 000060: line, twards the end, you see e2 f1 7d ba c5 cd... change the e2 to e3. Simple? Of course! Now, save it,

and go back to P2k. In the bottom part, fill in the numbers :

Seem 041a rec 1

Click Upload seem.

Restart your phone.

Now, when you go back to MPT, the "MediaCenter" will be open for you to play with! Enjoy all the new pictures you took,

and enjoy each quarter in your pocket that you save from Verizon's greedy pockets!

Now that's that's done, we're gonna change some things on the phone that might be fun! Notice how when you open your

phone, you have VerizonWireless on the outside display? Sucks huh? Let's change that!! Yea!!

Go back to P2k, and download the seem 0449 to 0449. That's the outside display. Use your favorite Hex Editor to edit it any

way you like... go nuts! When your done, save, and upload to 0449 rec 1. Restart your phone for the changes to take effect.

That was fun! Remember, if anything goes wrong take it back to a Verizon store, act stupid, and get them to replace it with

another one...

2. lachrymae

lachrymae Member

this looks very clear cut and straight forward, but mpt (v3.11) is giving me this wonderful message saying that it doesnt support my phone (v265 of course) currently. ive managed to add it to my computer as a modem on COM port 1, but i dont think mpt cares about that...seeing as i didnt exactly pay for it....
    any help would be greatly apprecciated.

3. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

have u tried MPT 3,23 coz it does support V265

4. lachrymae

lachrymae Member

sorry, you guys must get really sick of newbs asking repetitve and ignorant questions, but when i click the live update in the setup menu, nothing happens. no windows pop, and the cursor remains a cursor. ive downloaded all the patches at the bvrp website, and disabled firewalls and antivirus software, but...nada. i assume that theres no exe patch to version 3.23, so....
    thanks again.

5. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

just try different MPT , and that might work,,,,

6. flamewalk

flamewalk Member

BTW!!!

Don't bother if you have a usb cable with the microchip in the middle... it won't work almost guaranteed. You can get one for $40 from a Verizon store (the one for the T730 is exactly the same, and will work... I just bought and successfully used it with this guide today). They will say they haven't released a cable for the v265 yet, just ask for the one for the T730/T720. Or, you might try one of the cables off eBay/some other online store... again, make sure theres no chip in the middle. I fought for days before giving up on it :p But, I can now upload and download stuff from my phone! Also, it wasn't mentioned, but when all is said and done, leave the MPT on the 710m, don't try to change it back to the v265, it won't work :p

Oh, and thanks for writing this useful info!

7. oddbod

oddbod Member

Thanks for the guide, but I have some problems... First, when I pulled the seem from 041a off my phone, it didn't exactly match your example. It was pretty close, but half the bits were off by a little. The one to change, instead of being E2 was EA. I changed it to an E3 anyway, and reupped it to the phone.

After rebooting the phone, the MPT didn't seem to like talking to it as a V710, so I just redected it as a new phone. Now it showed up as a V265m (the m is new). All my features in MPT are now unlocked, so I'm thinking AWESOME. I downloaded my photos from the phone just fine.

Here's the problem... I can't get MP3s to work on the darn thing. I transfer them over and when I try to play them, it says "File is corrupt. Delete?" and all I can do is delete it or not. I even tried it using the sample "moto.mp3" sound that camne with MPT, same error.

I can transfer midi files over ok, so it makes me wonder if this thing even plays MP3s. But I read it does, and I was told when I bought it it does. Were they lying, or did I screw something up in hacking it?

Any suggestions?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2005
  8. Shabookie

Shabookie Guest

Anyone able to get this this done with the usb cable from radio shack?

I can get the phone connected with the futuredial software that it came with and it trasfer contacts, but thats it. Everything else is greyed out.

I cant get the new version of MPT to work. It is stuck on initalizing. Doesnt detect the phone.
    I have tried gagin, p2kman, mpt, futuredial, susteen etc.....

Do I need to get the cable from motorola?

Thanks in advance,
    Shabookie

9. oddbod

oddbod Member

I'm using a $2 cable from ebay and it works fine, except the noted problem of "corrupt" mp3s. The guy at the store said the Radio Shack cable should work fine, but he lied to me about being able to transfer stuff without hacking, so I don't know what that's worth.

10. Shabookie

Shabookie Guest

There is a limitation on my phone "v265" and the futuredial software.
    Contacts and calendar are the only ones I can do.

My phone is connecting via that software just fine. I'm just stuck with those two functions. I am craving much much more! :)

HELP!!!

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2005
  11. jancarlos

jancarlos Member

Hi Mossy:

I have a Motorola v265 from Verizon. I followed the MPT installation and went OK, but when I tried to download the seem 041a using the P2K it didn't download...Is there anything wrong here???

12. alphaiim

alphaiim Member

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:17 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ran across an unusual problem and I wonder if anybody has had this happen to them. I downloaded all the appropriate files and jacked in my V265. I went through all the procedures correctly (I thought) and it appeared I got the correct responses but when I tried to take a picture and then transfer it to my computer, I got the message "Busy, Try again" on my phone! No video display of the scene, just a white page with the msg on it. I don't remember whether I had a problem before I tried to unlock it or not (Long story concerning a replacement phone after I found out that Verizon locked te phones they supply). I am afraid to try to unlock my replacement phone! Anybody got any ideas?

13. alphaiim

alphaiim Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ran across an unusual problem and I wonder if anybody has had this happen to them. I downloaded all the appropriate files and jacked in my V265. I went through all the procedures correctly (I thought) and it appeared I got the correct responses but when I tried to take a picture and then transfer it to my computer, I got the message "Busy, Try again" on my phone! No video display of the scene, just a white page with the msg on it. I don't remember whether I had a problem before I tried to unlock it or not (Long story concerning a replacement phone after I found out that Verizon locked te phones they supply). I am afraid to try to unlock my replacement phone! Anybody got any ideas?

14. tnart

tnart Member

I have a V265 ... with Verizon ..
    I have Motorola mobile phone tools MPT (V3.25b)
    I have modified my MPT to a V710m ... so far so good ...
    Per Mossyy's instructions, there is no "uncheck the TAPI option" with the newer MPT (V3.25b) ... or else I'm overlooking it
    (side note: in Version V3.25B there is a V265m phone .. this does enable the Multimedia Tools in MPT)... I still need to enable the "OBEX push feature" on my V265

I have downloaded Bezol P2KTools_v0.7.1.9 as well as p2kman (build 27.07.2004) ... to modify the Seem section ..... neither tool connects with my phone ... I get a message "can not connect to phone"
    Any clue how to get the communication path working to the V265 ???
    I am running Windows 2000 on a Dell Latitude D400 (I have also tried to connect the USB cable into both USB ports)

Update: I also removed all Moto S/W and retried ... I'm still aok with the MPT tools ... but now when i plug the USB cable in, its looking for the proper drivers ... Windows can't find the drivers so I went to the directory where I unzipped P2Kman. There is a subdirectory called 'drv' in there. That's where the driver for all these devices sould be. Still no luck (Looks like Windows is allowing to the *.inf files only (when I specify "Specify a Location" then browse to the 'drv' subdirectory then 'Browse' ... I can only see the p2k.inf and the usbmoto2000.inf files ... the 'Files of type' is shaded with 'Setup information *.inf' ... and Windows won't let me select any other file types) .... shouldn't the drivers be in the *.sys files ???)

Thanks for the help !!!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2005