1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorazr2 V9

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by fharthart, Jan 26, 2008.

1. fharthart

fharthart Member

Just bought this phone, and it came with a USB cord but no installation disk! I searched it up on the Internet and finally downloaded something called 'Motorola Tools.' When I plug my USB to my computer that's connected to my phone, it says it can't detect my phone! I then took my old phone and used bluetooth to send songs from my old phone to my new phone... but then I realized I can't set them as my ringtones!

Question:
    1. How come my installation thing can't detect my phone?
    2. How do I make it so I can set my own ringtones for my Motorazr2 V9?!?!

Thanks a lot!

2. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

I'm in the same damn boat. I made my ring tones and the phone doesn't recognize them. Also I can't get the phone to to play Java mobile phone games such as Doom RPG. If anyone has any solutions for us please let us know.

3. engage16

engage16 Regular member

First off... unless you buy the newest MPT program it does not support the Razr 2 v9... use the link below to download drivers for connecting it to your computer... as for using mp3's as ringtones. the file size needs to be UNDER 300kb you do not need to use mpt as it will open up as a removable disk when it is hooked up properly... settings>connection>usb settings>memory card

http://rapidshare.com/files/88914301/Motorola_End_User_Driver_Installation_2.7.6.msi.html

hope this works or at least helps you guys out.

oh and alot of the java games are NOT supported i've had the same problem...

4. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Geez this phone sucks... worst $300 ever spent.

5. engage16

engage16 Regular member

the phone is actually pretty great... its made to work great in the upcoming years not the one we're in is the problem

my suggestion... get the 2gb card for it and load it up with music and pics

6. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

I'm interested in these coming years you speak of. Do you have any links you could post so I can read what you are talking about?

7. engage16

engage16 Regular member

actually that was more of an opinion than anything... but if you look at specs for the phone its a very capable phone overall. but things such as games haven't caught up to it yet...

but back to the original point of this thread... use the file above for the drivers and keep the ringtone files under 300 kb... thats all i can help with unless you got any other questions

8. scguy1976

scguy1976 Member

Hello,
    i just got the same phone today. What is the best way to get ringtones on it other than using the buyit now?

9. engage16

engage16 Regular member

using the driver i've listed and a usb cable... look at my first post up above... it should help... just ask if you need any more directions... you just need an editing program for mp3's. keep the file under 300 kb thats all i can really say...

10. JaiQwan

JaiQwan Guest

This sounds like a good idea, But I also want to manage my Phone book as well as my Calendar and be able to use my own ring tones and images. But will this let me do all that, Motorola set the latest Software CD and even after install of the software it still did yet another update by downloading a 12.5MB patch. And It just will not work at all with my Razor2 V9, I did however find a link to Susteen, who also makes a Program that will let sync your phone yad yad yad here on the Afterdawn pages when I did a search for cell phone software.

But now my question is other than the link to Susteen and the product they offer, and the godforsaken Motorola Tools software, which I honestly believe is full of bugs and not worth the $$$ (I am glad Motorola sent it to me Free) I went to forums that is set up just for the Motorola Phone Tools. Well you just gotta see the amount of people that are all having the same problem, over and over again, it is the same ole story, my phone will not connect MPT. If would have had to pay fot the software I would have really been Tisked off, more than I am now. Okay enogh of that BS, Is Susteen the only other one that has this type of software for Cell Phones, I ask because, if I have to pay, i would rather pay for something that will work and I don't have to learn to be a program writer just to sync my phone.

11. engage16

engage16 Regular member

i honestly have no clue... i never heard of Susteen until you just mentioned it... I've used MPT on my razr v3 but haven't been able to get it to work with my V9 yet... sorry i can't help you out with this. i wish i could but can't...
    i personally just use it for internet and media syncing, so i have no need for any true programs to give access to everything... sorry man.

12. JaiQwan

JaiQwan Guest

Yeah there is not much out there for us Motorola Phone Users, when it comes to Backing up or doing a Sync with your Phone & PC, and the newer version of motorola Phone tools Just plain ole Sucks, now I can't even get to work with my old V3 or my wifes V3XX, nevermind my new razor2 V9. So I did a search for Phone software tools and it kicked back Data Pilot By Susteen which seems to be looking pretty good? The search also kicked back Future Dial this one does not support the Razor models, well at least not models from ATT that is.

I gotta see if what I can come up with and see just how good or bad Susteen's Data Pilot software is.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2008
  13. engage16

engage16 Regular member

yeah... it tough for moto users to do any type of backups... the key reason i bought this phone is because i can use it quite easily to hook up to the internet and they can't track it cause of the opera browser technology built in to the phone... or at least haven't noticed/cared that one kid in the middle of nowhere uses it for a laptop connection, we're a dead area to them yet we have a 2 towers in our little town... 236kb/s or 31.2kb/s tough decision there...

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  14. JaiQwan

JaiQwan Guest

I can see and undrestand what you mean. If you or anyone else happens to come up with any more info on Data pilot from Susteen, by all means please do post any info, it would be help full to know if it is worth the Duckets :)

15. nehmecys

nehmecys Member

Josh have you tried using a WAP server to send files to your phone?

16. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Nope, can't say that I have.

I just transfer the files from my PC to my phones micro SD card.

17. milloy

milloy Member

I just picked up one of these phones the other day and am trying to use a song clip as a ring tone. I got the clip I want under 300 kb and transfered it to my phone via bluetooth connection. My problem is now that it's on there, I still can't find the song when browsing ring tones/sounds. How do I get that song set up as a ring tone?

I'm a bit of a noob at this, since it's my first cell and all. Don't feel bad if you have to dumb down instructions ;)

Jo

18. engage16

engage16 Regular member

it may be under media finder>music>all songs... then click options (usually the left soft key) then apply as> ring tone...

hope this helps...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  19. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

I still have no idea how to get mp3s as my ring tones. All my files are under 300kb. It just won't let me assign them. I really hate this situation.

20. milloy

milloy Member

I checked it out and found the song on the media part of the phone. However, there was no option to set it as a ring tone. Is there something else I need to do to the file to have it accessible as a ring tone?