1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorazr2 V9

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by fharthart, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Thats the problem I'm having. I can find the files but I get no option for ringer. Its probably some kind of protection that Sprint set up so that we're forced to buy ringers. I hate the stock ring tones that are in there. For the last 6 months my phone has always been on vibrate because I can't stomach the sound of those &@%-ass stock ringers...

2. engage16

engage16 Regular member

it probably is a proection they put into the phone... sorry guys... can't really help you there... i'm on at&t and they leave their phones pretty much open... maybe try bringing it to a store and see if they have any ideas or search around for it on other forums... or even the manual...

and depending on how long you've had the phone, they may be able to unlock it for either free or a small fee... not positive on that though...

sorry guys... really wish i could help more... just keep screwing around with it see if you can figure it out...

3. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Well I did get my song into my ringtones but I had to use Sprint's data service (so it cost me 3 cents per kb... those bastards).

Basically I used http://makeownringtone.com/ to make the ringer clip then I used http://www.myxertones.com/ to upload the song and send a text to my phone with a link to the data. The phone connected to the URL and the tone showed up in my library.

I wish I didn't have to do that but oh well. I need to unlock this phone and find out what directory the ringers are stored in and under what file format so I can do this on my own.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  4. engage16

engage16 Regular member

here's a little guide to summerize everything i know... hope this works for everyone, i made it as simple and yet complete as possible... please inform me if i'm missing anything (oh and excuse my lack of proper grammer, capitalization, and spelling)...

1. download and install the drivers from here: http://rapidshare.com/files/88914301/Motorola_End_User_Driver_Installation_2.7.6.msi

2. using an editing program to create your sound clip MUST BE UNDER 300Kb (i suggest .mp3 for ease and compatibilty)

3. set your phones usb settings to "Memory Card" in order to do that goto (on your phone) settings, then connection, then USB settings, and change the default connection to "Memory Card"

4. Make sure you have a MicroSD card installed in your phone otherwise this WILL NOT WORK! (2gb is the max in this phone)

5. connect your phone to your computer via a usb cable and the adapter(if nessacery)

6. open my computer and then the removable disk that appears when your phone is connected

7. open up the "Mobile" folder and then the "sounds" one

8. copy and paste your .mp3 file into that folder

9. now disconnect your phone from the computer and go to your "media finder" then goto "music" and then "all songs"

10. now you should be able to find your song file there... highlight it and click "options" then scroll to "apply as" and then select "Ring Tone"

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  5. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Pretty sure I was there and Sprint didn't allow the use of mp3s as ringers. Though I am not one to overlook "FREE" so I will definitely check it out and I'll report back to you.

6. engage16

engage16 Regular member

stupid question: Did you check the manual?

7. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Not a stupid question. I've thumbed through it a few times and haven't found anything. :( but its fine because I'm getting a data package that will allow the transfer of data from myxertunes to my phone at no additional cost... well other than paying for a data package lol.

8. engage16

engage16 Regular member

yeah... an unlimited plan is nice... i pay 20 a month for mine i think... good luck with all that... i tried helping, myabe it may help someone else in the future...

9. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Your help was definitely appreciated, thanks.

10. engage16

engage16 Regular member

no problem.... thats why these forums were started man... to help others in need...

11. sherry71

sherry71 Member

Hi everyone,
    I have been interested in buying this phone from AT&T for awhile now and now the price is finally right. I really have one question that I can't seem to find an answer for anywhere:

Can I move my pictures that I take on the phone from the phone to my PC via the USB connection?

I don't want to have to upload them somewhre first to get them to the PC. I really want to be able to connect directly to the phone from the PC and take them off the phone to the PC.

Thanks for your help

12. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

I'm not sure how AT&T's model works but you can do that with Sprint's. I haven't bought the phones USB adapter though. I just snap pics and save to my Micro SD memory card, then when it starts to get full, I take the Micro SD card out of the phone and plug it into my laptop with a Micro SD adapter.

Pretty simple.

13. engage16

engage16 Regular member

should be this simple...
    just two little notes: you NEED a microsd card and you have to make sure your saving the photos to your card once its put in your phone...

1. download and install the drivers from here: http://rapidshare.com/files/88914301/Mot...ation_2.7.6.msi

2. set your phones usb settings to "Memory Card" in order to do that goto (on your phone) settings, then connection, then USB settings, and change the default connection to "Memory Card"

3. Make sure you have a MicroSD card installed in your phone otherwise this WILL NOT WORK! (2gb is the max in this phone)

4. connect your phone to your computer via a usb cable and the adapter (if nessacery, it comes with the AT&T phone in your box)

5. open my computer and then the removable disk that appears when your phone is connected

6. open up the "Mobile" folder and then the "pictures" one, they should be there.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  14. kulikng

kulikng Member

Concerning this phone, where would you put the select Java Games that do work?? I have succesfully got ringtones to work, (using bluetooth), but which directory do i put the .Jads in???

15. engage16

engage16 Regular member

your guess is as good as mine... i haven't heard of anything on that subject yet. look around, mess with it see what you can find and report back... good luck. sorry i can't help you...

16. scguy1976

scguy1976 Member

Does this work with Verizons? Sorry but when i go to the settings, it does not offer me a connection setting.

Tired of verion's ShiXXXy interface!

17. engage16

engage16 Regular member

try hooking your phone up to the computer and see what happens... i'm on at&t so i don't know what the verizon interface looks like. i do know they really screw around with it though which is complete BS! look in the manual, try it out, mess around a bit... that's the best advice i can give you at the time being...

18. kulikng

kulikng Member

thanks guys! i have put the files in every folder that the phone has, including all folders with the micro sd card. i just do not have a way to access the files through the phones interface. possibly a flash on this one?? idk, but this is a pain in the ass! damn phone makers are making it so diffucult!!

19. engage16

engage16 Regular member

Removed by user... Due to the fact I found a proper solution as listed below.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  20. engage16

engage16 Regular member

i have figured out how to install games on to your phone from you computer... i will give step by step directions on how to do so... all the way from the beginning so bear with me...

MY GUIDE TO INSTALLING GAMES ON THE MOTOROLA RAZR 2 V9

1. download and install the drivers from here: http://rapidshare.com/files/88914301/Mot...ation_2.7.6.msi

2. set your phones usb settings to "Memory Card" in order to do that goto (on your phone) settings, then connection, then USB settings, and change the default connection to "Memory Card"

3. Make sure you have a MicroSD card installed in your phone otherwise this WILL NOT WORK! (2gb is the max in this phone)

4. connect your phone to your computer via a usb cable and the adapter(if nessacery)

5. open 'My Computer' and at the top of your screen click 'Tools' then select 'Folder Options'

6. A box will pop up, at the top of the box select the 'View' tab. Then check the 'Show hidden files and folders' and uncheck 'Hide Protected Operating System Files' options in the window below. (When you uncheck the 'Hide Protected Operating System Files' box a window will popup, select 'Yes')

7. Now open the removable drive that is your phone and open the 'Mobile' folder. Then open the 'kjava' folder

8. Copy and paste your .jad file into here

9. now disconnect your phone from the computer and go to your 'Media Finder' on your phone. Then goto 'Games & Apps'. At the bottom of the list there should be a "[Install New]" selection. Select it.

10. Now you should have a list of your games, select the one you'd like to install. It will start installing it and may say the "'Game Name' is not a signed application" select to install anyways.

11. run and play your games. no promises on functionality or playablity as not all games are compatible with all phones.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008