1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola E398 - Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Pepper0ni, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Pepper0ni

Pepper0ni Member

I bought Motorola E398 a few days ago, and i was thrilled about playing my Mp3's in it. But when i try to connect it to my PC, it doesn't work. I'll describe the problem to you..

I have installed mPT(mobile PhoneTools), and when i connect my phone when mPT asks to do so, it adds my phone as an "Motorola USB Modem". This should be good, right? Then the clock starts ticking, after a while, a phone appears on the screen. First of all, it is not my phone(Motorola E398), and it says "Initializing". After waiting for about 10 minutes, i decided that it doesn't work. There's also a little icon on the screen. When i move my cursor on it, it says "Modem not detected" or something like that. What should i do at this point, to make it work like it should? I have tried almost everything, changing modem, adding a new phone, and nothing seems to help. I really want to listen to my Mp3's with my phone, that is one of the main reasons i boughted this model. And yes, i have removed my memorycard from my phone.

Things you should know.

Phone: Motorola E398
    Connection type: USB
    My country: Finland, so sorry about my english. :)

Just ask if you need to know something else. I don't want to return my phone because of this..

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005
  2. Pepper0ni

Pepper0ni Member

So nobody doesn't know how to make it work? That's odd..

If i choose "change modem", should it be the same that the computer detects when i plug my phone in, or something else?

If you don't know how to help me, tell me how did you get your own mPT work..