1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

motorola krzr unlocking and debranding

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by sparky64, Jun 22, 2007.

1. sparky64

sparky64 Member

can anyone point me in the right direction, i'm trying to unlock and debrand my phone. i did it once to my old razr but i forgot the programs and way i did it. i've downloaded smartmoto and a few other programs. and by the by i got sucked into the vista frenzy, mpt works fine but it won't let me make ring tunes until i unlock my phone. any help will be greatly appreciated. bloody greedy service providers.

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Does anyone know how to read? Many people have posted many links to unlock these phones.
    Unlocking will not allow you to put ringtones into your phone, unlocking will only allow you to use another sim card in your phone, to get ringtones into your phone you need to do some seem editing.

3. sparky64

sparky64 Member

so rogers tech support is wrong?

4. sparky64

sparky64 Member

appreciate that. can you suggest a program tat is real user friendly. it seems the krzr is alot order to interface with and finagle.

5. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

6. cheese45

cheese45 Guest

or you can try here: http://www.i'manidiot.com edited by ddp
    get the "sotware unlock", i believe the software will also allow you to debrand your phone.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2007
  7. sparky64

sparky64 Member

with the amount of money i've spent on my phone i could have bought a new car,i refuse to spent more money on this bloody thing. i just want the freedom to do what i please with my phone.

8. cheese45

cheese45 Guest

sorry man.....just thought it might help.

9. sparky64

sparky64 Member

no worries mate. help is what i need. but it as become a matter of principle. i could just go down to the mall and get it done there. i did manage to do it last year but i forgot what software i used.