1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola T72x / T73x

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by starflex, Apr 27, 2005.

1. starflex

starflex Member

Hi, I got a Motorola T731 with USB Cable and Mobile Phone Tools 3.4 but, the multimedia icon doesnt work, Dont know why. Someone told me that I have to use Mobile Phone Tools version 2.0 but Im so tired of search site by site with no result. Any idea?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

3. starflex

starflex Member

Hi, thanks a lot for the helpful link. I was trying open the program, when installing said it: [bold]"The installation program was unable to find on your PC a mobile Phone Tools previously installed version".[/bold] What suppose to do now?

[​IMG]

4. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

u have to download MPT 1.23 first...

5. starflex

starflex Member

[bold]Ok, that's I have done so far... Installed MPT 1.23, Multimedia Icon doesnt work. Installed MPT 2.26, Multimedia Icon doesnt work either, and have already MPT 3.4 and the damn Multimedia Icon still not working. Everything works excellent exept the multimedia icon, dont know why. Does anybody can tell me if the motorola T731 comes with some problems that have to fix it? or known someone that have one T731 using MPT, (including Multimedia), without any problem? or just maybe is my phone that doesnt work :( Please, any help because am give up :|[/bold]

6. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

sometimes its just the flex is locked and cant access but try using P2Kman....

7. starflex

starflex Member

Thanks but, how can I unlock the named flex u said? if I can.

8. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

u need to search for a flex that suits ur fone and then needs to use PST to put into ur fone.... i dont know where u can find them....

9. starflex

starflex Member

[bold]Hi, thanks for everything. I just found this site and might be useful for anyone that use Motorola, (V600 for example). Don't know if it works for my T731, but can help must users like me. Hope brings some help and can be use it for information to people like me who dont know nothing about flexing and flashing their phones.[/bold]

http://www.mob453.com/phones/motorola_v600/

10. makden

makden Member

starflex
    --------
    Your Mobile Phone Tools is just fine, the problem is your phone. Motorola T720 and T731 don't open the Media button on this software. I have tried both and they won't give me such an option. Otherwise, I don't have any problems by copying media files to my V400 or my V600 using the MPT. For the 720 and 731, the only way is to use P2K Media Manager or Motorola Service Software by VictorGSM (available at http://www.comunidad-motorola.com/ - must register to download)You must prepare the files to fit the phone LCD requirements (i.e. the pictures must be GIF 120X160 etc) I hope this helps. Regards.

11. starflex

starflex Member

[bold]Dont know whats wrong to my phone. I have already installed both programs but dont know how to use neither one nor the other one. In MSST I see images and sounds uploaded on a list but, when search the phone, noticed, that images and sounds, where not found. What suposse to do?[/bold]

12. makden

makden Member

You probably missunderstood me. I didn't mean your phone exactly. If you carefully read my previous message you'll see what I meant. The Mobile phone tools don't open media button with any phone of the mentioned models. You must use one of the other two programs, they both work fine for my T720 and T730. Of course you must prepare the files to fit the format, on,y GIF's and MID files. That's it.

13. starflex

starflex Member

[bold]Ok, am using now "Motorola Service Software". I know already how to put images from my pc to the phone, and thanks for that, but, still dont know how to transfer midi files to my phone. Do I have to make something that I need intructions step by step to get the midi files? Please help, I'll apreciate you.[/bold]

14. makden

makden Member

To be honest, I used MSS for pictures only, I believe you can load every file you want by using that software. Anyway, I find more user friendly the P2K manager and I have loaded MID files (besides the GIF's) and they work just fine. The only problem with my P2K Manager was I couldn't use the USB cable and I had to switch to a Serial cable for the same thing, while the MSS requires an USB cable. Don't forget that files must be edited before uploading, there is a limit on their size. Good luck.

15. starflex

starflex Member

Using Motorola Service Software, if you know, do I have to edit each midi before upload it? Im asking you because, when I click "Read list of available files from the phone", I see my midis uploaded in the list, but, when search on the phone, such midis werent found :(

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  16. makden

makden Member

That's exactly what happens when the file is not edited. The software will load what ever you want but if the file doesn't meet certain properties, it won't play even it is listed. I think the size limit is 15k but I don't remember exactly. I remember it didn't play every MID file I tried because of the size. Try to experiment, I don't have time for that right now and I am not a fan of ringtones to much. You can also edit any MID file by using audio editing software (i.e. CoolEdit), you can cut or resize music files as much as you want.

17. ace242

ace242 Member

I just downloaded some ringtones on a t720 using p2k. the came on the phone with no problems and are playing back fine. My problem is that when i play the ringtones back on the phone the volume that they play back is really low eventhough the volume is set at 7. Any suggestions.

18. ace242

ace242 Member

I just downloaded some ringtones on a t720 using p2k. the came on the phone with no problems and are playing back fine. My problem is that when i play the ringtones back on the phone the volume that they play back is really low eventhough the volume is set at 7. Any suggestions.

19. starflex

starflex Member

[bold]I dont even know how to download ringtones to my phone using p2kman. I'm the people that need instructions step by step to get it on[/bold]

20. makden

makden Member

I know, my son did the same thing and he also told me that the volume was really low. I don't know how to fix that, maybe some audio editing software could raise the volume or the phone needs a different type of file for optimim volume. Sorry..