1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola V220-HELP!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Talo1991, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Talo1991

Talo1991 Member

I have got a USB lead which connects my mobile to my PC but it cannot find the software and i don't know how to put ringtones etc. on it i've tried a link sum1s given b4 but it just sez ERROE on the page and talks in spanish. Can sum1 PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

2. namdarcs

namdarcs Member

PM me and I will send you the usb driver

3. vernitude

vernitude Member

will that driver help me get stuff to my phone? I got mobile phone tools but I can't find the multimedia tab :(.

4. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

Yes, that driver should allow your computer and subsequently the Mobile phone tools to correctly identify your phone.

5. vernitude

vernitude Member

does anyone have that driver?

6. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

7. deftoneX

deftoneX Member

rockdawg, what do i need from that website, having JUST the USB cable, to get my phone & computer connected properly? Mobile phone tools, p2k drivers, mpt update...anything else?

8. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

OK...the files I would download are the following. There may be other files that others would download for various reasons. But if you ONLY want to sync your contacts and calendar and transfer pics/ringtones, then here is the list....I can NOT guarantee that this will work for you. It worked for me, but many others who have downloaded these have not been able to properly get mobile phone tools setup. With 1,000,000+ different computer configurations out there, it's difficult to troubleshoot all the various problems that can crop up.

1. Mobile Phone Tools 1.23c (18.1MB) - there are two of these, the file name is different, but they are the same; just download ONE of them. Just look for the filesize to be equal to 18.2MB.

2. Mobile Phone Tools 2.21b (21.0MB) - closer to the bottom

3. Motorola USB Modem Drivers (1.2MB) - there are also two of these. Again they are the same. Closer to the top.

4. Unzip #1 and #3 above into their own directories.

5. According to one Motorola guide you should install the software first (check out the link in this thread and see the last post I made on the last page (pg 18): http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/18/111426 .) However, I also have a Mobile Phone Tools Quick Start Guide that says the opposite: "Important! Before installing mobile PhoneTools, you need to connect your phone with your PC or laptop." I just realized that today after looking closely at both. So pick your poison I guess.

I connected my phone (V220), installed the USB Modem Drivers (#3 above), rebooted, installed #1 above, rebooted, installed #2 above, rebooted - all that WITH my phone connected the entire time. WinXP Home SP2. I did it the exact same way on my laptop AND desktop.

Here are alternative instructions:
    1. Install #1 and reboot. [Do NOT run the program after installation. If you receive a message with a choice to run the program after installation finishes, select NO or uncheck the box or however you tell it to NOT execute the program after installation.]

2. After you reboot, install #2. Again, do NOT run the program after installation. Reboot.

3. Start Phone Tools and when you get to the "Welcome to the Phone Setup Wizard" screen, select USB and click next. THEN connect your phone and point the setup program to the directory where the drivers are. Keep your fingers crossed and hope that your phone will be installed and that it will initialize.

PLEASE NOTE: This may not be the way the program works for you. You may not see these screens. I don't know. This is only a guide and not to be considered error free.