1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola V220 USB Data Cabel Software

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by nazdagr8, Sep 26, 2004.

1. penikinja

penikinja Member

I can't get ANY of the mobile phonetools links to work... I am tearing out my hair big time... boo hoo.

I bought a cable and disc off of ebay, the cable is fine, so are some of the things on the disc, but the driver and the tools freeze my system when i try to open them. I finally found a driver, which is working (hurrah) but am running up against dead links or access forbidden links for the tools now.

Anyone want to help save a rapidly balding newbie?

2. Barely29

Barely29 Member

Ok, I have finally gotten Mobile Phone Tools to work. Now I can't put wav files on to my computer. I guess they need to be MP3s. Can anyone help me with how to make those. I have a few ringtones set up, but in wav format. AARRGGGGG!

3. penikinja

penikinja Member

4. Barely29

Barely29 Member

Hey all, since you all helped me, I thought I would come on and tell you all that I got everything working!!!! About fricken time!!!! Here are a few things I found. Put the P2K extractions in to a brand new folder. for some reason this worked for me. Follow the direction to the letter as were on the first page of this string.
    Once it worked I started with the MP3's. I have a program (it is also free) called WavePad. It is located at:
    http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad
    It will convert any audio format to MP3's. Remember when you are saving to make sure you have it saving as an MP3. I figured out that the best sound with the smallest size was at a 16 kbps rate. I also had it in Mono (stereo just made it larger with no benefit). Also make sure you are using a Constant Bitrate (CBR), not the Variable Bitrate. Variable comes through sounding really wierd on the phone. Also don't encode at a high quality or include CRC to detect errors. They just add more size, that is it.

Using this, I was able to put on 7 new ringtones and the largest was only 60 kb! I hope this works for you all.

5. jdrisc

jdrisc Member

okay, I've been struggling with this for the past two days or so and this is the most comprehensive Motorola USB forum I can find. I'm running Win SE, and my MPT and mp3z and pics work fine. I CANNOT GET PST TO RECOGNIZE MY PHONE!!!! Believe me, I've tried just about everything, so if there's someone that knows exactly how to make it work, step by step, please reply. I've tried PST 4.9, 6.0, 6.7. and every time it will not recognize my phone and begins to mess up my driver, so I have to re-install it to work with MPT. I want to transfer games, I have games, and everything else, I just can't get PST to work. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

6. Mad_Max11

Mad_Max11 Member

Alright I'm going crazy over this. Someone who has had trouble but figured it out please help me get this software to work.

I have downloaded 1.16 and 2.21 and they have been installed and upgraded, (using the ctrl+alt+del). I get to the clock and the initializing part and it seems to take wayy to long. I do have a few bars of service so i dont think that is the problem.

Know I have no idea what a p2k driver is but I did download it from the bongowireless site. I unzipped it but there is nothing to install right? I dont really know what it is so I dont know if I'm using I correctly.

But basically the program loads, I plug in the phone, and nothing happens. Any insight you can give me is greatly appreciated. I really need to get this to work. Thanks a lot.

7. daytonmcs

daytonmcs Guest

I have read all the links and clicked on all the links to download the original version of software 1.3 and have had no luck. All the links are invalid, no longer in use or I'm not authorized. I have a brand new V220 that I just bought and found out sadly Motorola has no software to even sell for this phone. I have a USB data cable. BTW a SONY cybershot digital camera cable works great! It recognized my phone but I need the driver and software. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

8. normin

normin Member

I'm also looking for the software, but I haven't had any luck.... Also I have no idea if this software will work on a v180?? any ideas?? I figured it was worth a shot

9. dibolltx

dibolltx Guest

Looks like I may be in the right place if someone replies to the last couple of posts.

My girlfriend bought a V220 based on what a Cingular salesperson told her. Was told all you need to download pictures to a PC was to hook up any USB camera cable and nothing else was needed. Hooked up the phone and it was recognized as a Motorola V220 but thats where it asks for software. DUH!

I have also read through the posts but like daytonmcs in previous posts I am either unauthorized or they have expired. Any help from hyper-space would be appreciated.

I am running XP Pro with SP2 installed.

10. DUDE1111

DUDE1111 Guest

Has anyone been able to snyc their v220 calendar with MS Outlook calendar on their PC?

11. daytonmcs

daytonmcs Guest

I just found out that Motorola has everything we're all looking for on their website if you select the UK instead of the US. That really makes me mad they have the drivers, cables and software available in other countries but not the U.S.A. Check this out: http://www.motorola-shop.co.uk/acc_detail.aspx?i=1501

Has anyone tried Napster, Bearshare, or one of the other p2p software sharing programs? I'm going to look tonight myself.

12. normin

normin Member

Yeah i tried limewire... and I found a file, not only was it in French, but it was missing a component and it wouldn't install

13. dibolltx

dibolltx Guest

Called hellomoto on the phone today and was led through the pages to the following software:
    http://commerce.motorola.com/cgi-bi...ipcode=&phoneID=&search_string=29,27&type=All

Was told to purchase this then go to:
    http://www.bvrp.com/customers/motorola/upgrade/us/ for a free upgrade.

There is also a cable on the first site and was told that this may or may not work with a camera cable. Either way there are none of these cables currently available in the U.S.

Has anyone tried this software with a V220 and if so, what luck?

14. normin

normin Member

I also called hellomoto today and they said that they don't know if the software that is currently out works with the v180. They said that they are doing tests to see if it's completely compatible. I've heard that it might be, but I don't want to buy the software, so I'm trying to find it for free....

15. daytonmcs

daytonmcs Guest

Everyone. I downloaded for $29.95 the moto Phone Tools and it has the USB driver that everyone is looking for. It DOES work with my V220 phone. I was able to synch my contacts (phonebook) with my computer. I use Windows XP SP2 and Office 2003 SP1 and it all works fine. I have not tried the other features yet. There seems to be an issue with the calendar but I haven't really spent that much time with it yet. Here's the link to purchase the software: http://motorola.handango.com/entert...log=50&title=Java&platformId=6&sectionId=5409 Hope this helps!

16. 24to1

24to1 Member

I too purchased MPT from Motorola. I am using XP w/SP2 and it DOES NOT work. The Following is my customer service communications w/Motorola.

My initial:

I purchased you Mobile Phone Tools downloadable software and am trying to install and use. I have connected via a digital camera USB cable to the Phone. I have followed all steps as outlined in your install procedure and still I cannot access the phone. When it tries to communicate it stays at "Initializing" forever and the "Send", Receive" and "Communication" icon all indicate it is not communicating with the phone. After a while (5 mins) I get the "Mobile Phone tools is unable to communicate with your phone" message. I have verified correctness as it applies to me with respect to the 4 suggestions available on the above mentioned error page.

Device manager is recognizing the Motorola USB Modem as being on COM 3 and is working correctly.

I have unistalled both the drivers and the application and have re-installed both no fewer than 10 times to no avail.

I am running Windows XP with SP2

Response:

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support, we appreciate your request.

Thank you very much for your considerations and interest in our products.

Regarding your question, we have 2 issues here.
    1) You do not have the correct drivers. The drivers for the phone are in the latest version of the Mobile Phone Tools. Press the menu key on the phone (any phone) that you see on the screen. Then go to setup, live update. Once you download and install the upgrade it should recognize your phone properly.
    2) The mobile Phone Tools is not compatible with SP2, we have experienced all kinds of problems. For the moment it might work as it might not, but you might need to remove it.
    I hope that this information is of use to you. We apologize for all the inconvenience this might cause you.

My Reply:

The prior problem statement occured before and after the "Live Update" was performed. What I guess you are telling me is that MPT does not work with SP2.

This would have been good information to post on the "Buy" page for MPT on your site. Had I known this, I more than likely would not have bought the product.

Any idea when a version that WILL work with SP2 will be available? And when it does become available will those of us who have the current version be able to upgrade? At what Cost?

Respectfully

Final Response:

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support, we appreciate your request.

Thank you very much for your considerations and interest in our products.

Regarding your question, I do not know exactly which version of Mobile Phone Tools will support SP2. What I can tell you is that we are working on it but unfortunately we do not have an estimated time frame of when is going to be available yet. It is going to be done through an upgrade of the program; by a live update and probably also a download from bvrp's web site. This upgrade will have no cost.
    I hope that this information is of use to you. We apologize for all the inconvenience this might cause you.

17. dibolltx

dibolltx Guest

I was planning to download MPT this evening but guess I am on hold again. I was told by moto that they could not assure me that the software would work with a digital camera cable but it would work with their cable. Does anyone know if mini USB cables are the same for all manufactures or do they differ between camera brands?

Guess I'll be back on the phone with moto in reference the XP Pro SP2 question but told them yesterday that that was what I was running and they did not indicate to me that the software would not work with that OS or SP.

18. lsdc

lsdc Member

heeeeeelp
    i need someone to help me to download the motorola v220 usb data cable software, every time that i go to the web to download the 1.23c program, it comes out that i am not unauthorized to view that page, can some tell me whats wrong with it?
    i'am neew in this thing.

19. daytonmcs

daytonmcs Guest

24to1: It sounds like it's your cable that's causing the problem. The one I'm using came with a SONY CYBERSHOT P51 camera and it works fine, with WINXPSP2. The Motorola help desk is useless. They know less about their own products than we do.

The link to the spanish website to download version 1.23 probably was turned off because distributing software for free is illegal. That's just my guess. Best bet is to buy it like the rest of us. I noticed on the Motorola UK website they have version 3.0 of the mobile Phone Tools. So it should be out in the U.S. soon. It should (again I'm assuming and you know what happens when you assume) that they will address any SP2 issues as well as the calendar issue with Office 2003.

Bottom line is if you buy the software from motorloa at the site I mentioned eariler and have a compatible cable it should work for everyone. The only issue I've seen is Outlook 2003's calendar doesn't work with mobile Phone Tools 2.xx. Hope this helps.

20. lior

lior Member

Hey i need help everything works perfectly with my mobile phone tools but i have etased one of the games on the phone and wonder if any1 knows were can i get any other games 2 add 2 da phone
    any help will be appericiated Thx
    LG