1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola V220 USB Data Cabel Software

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by nazdagr8, Sep 26, 2004.

1. jask

jask Member

does anyone have any idea where i can get the free software? the original links dont work. or if u have it do u wanna send it to me. please?

i already have the cable, just need software

hit me back at NOEMAILSALLOWED@AFTERDAWN.COM

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  2. jerdman

jerdman Member

me too please. I also plan on writing a VERY detailed HOWTO after I get things working.

I tried finding the 1.32 mobile phone tolls via WinMX and came up empty.

NOEMAILSALLOWED@AFTERDAWN.COM

3. Wight

Wight Member

can someone who has the phone tools please send it to me over email or host it somewhere and send me the link. this would be much apreciated by myself and the others here.
    My email: NOEMAILSALLOWED@AFTERDAWN.COM

4. lior

lior Member

Hey can anybody tell me were can i get games for my cell phone thx

5. pjx5x

pjx5x Member

can someboy PLEASE email me the motorola phonetools software. everything that is needed. i will host it at www.pjx5x.com -

NOEMAILSALLOWED@AFTERDAWN.COM

thanks!

6. Wight

Wight Member

PM oggie666 with ur email addy and he will email u the phone tools

7. RedOctobr

RedOctobr Member

I've read half of this thread which was very inforamtive and then i just when to Kazaa and downloaded Mobile PhoneTools 2.16, installed it without any problems, regestered with some bogus info, ran the application without my phone even being connected (don't have the cable yet) and last but not least ran the LiveUpdate (the updating tool in PhoneTools) which updated the software to version 3.11. I'm gonna go get a cable and see if my phone would initialize. Good luck guys.
    Oh, btw, i'm running WinXP Pro SP2.

Cheers!

8. jask

jask Member

kazaa is the devil

viruses eat my computer 24/7 so downloading capabilities are limited

i have such sweet ringtones, if only i had the software to upload them....sigh

9. Inf-one

Inf-one Member

http://forum.tweakzone.nl/topic/32415

I AM GREATLY HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE TO GET UR PHONE TOOLS OFF THAT STUPID MOTCLUB.COM THING. YOU'LL HAV TO GO THROUGH THIS FORUM. NEAR THE BOTTOM IT HAS A FEW LINKS IN WHICH U CAN DOWNLOAD DIRECTLY FROM TEH MOTOCLUB THINGY. SO VISIT QUICK AND ENJOY I KNOW I WILL.

POSTED 4:31PM 31 OCT 2004.

10. daytonmcs

daytonmcs Guest

Mobil Phone tools update 3.11 available through the live update feature fixes the calendar problem with Outlook 2003. It works fine with Windows XP SP2 as well. Motorola doesn't know anything about this stuff so I would suggest not contacting them. A third party software development company writes the software for them. http://www.bvrp.com is the company that actually writes this software.

11. RedOctobr

RedOctobr Member

Well, Kazaa is the devil only if you don't have an anti-virus, but if you do it is really a blessing. By the way, i just got the cable and tried it out. My v220 initialized without any problems and everything works fine so far. The phonebook tool crashed on me once but i simply restarted it and it work nicely for the second time.

12. juka1

juka1 Guest

Well, I am using XP sp2 with my V220, and the cable is one from my MP3 player, everything works fine. So I guess any mini USB cable is OK, but of course Motorola is not going to admit that.

13. Wight

Wight Member

[bold]can some1 hu got this POS working PLEASE post a bulleted step by step on how they did it. i have tried more times than i can b bothered 2 count and am thoroughly PISSED OFF!!!!![/bold]

14. Bmsfx

Bmsfx Member

okay, i got alot of problems too, i might even have to reformat because of it.

i downloaded :

Motorola Mobile PhoneTools 1.23c.exe
    mobilePhoneTools_2.21b_DK.exe
    P2K_driver_2.3.zip

i installed the driver, installed MMP 1.23, then installed MMP 2.21dk, anyways, very first time i could access the "modem" part, but since then, i cant do anything, it keeps saying under drivers -> check modem, that there isnt a modem on, i tryed uninstalling everything, and tryed different drivers, but nothing works..

using winxp sp1 (not sp2).
    and im using a (USB -> USB-mini B) cable (not sure if that one is supposed to work, but it did first try).

so basicly, i need to clean ALL drivers from my system, but i tryed that, it didnt work at all.

it will ONLY want to use the "Motorola USB Modem" driver.

im not sure what to do now....

edit : this is the motorola v220 of course :)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2004
  15. cybohemia

cybohemia Member

Hi - can anyone provide a link for downloading mmpt_1.23c_EN.zip? I'm getting a "You don't have permission..." from the motclub site posted here, which appears to be in Spanish, which I can't read.

Thanks!

16. RedOctobr

RedOctobr Member

Ok once again what i suggest you to do is go to Kazaa and download "Motorola Mobile Phonetools 2.16.exe" with the size of 18.5MB(19,413,678 bytes), check it with anti-virus before installing just in case. Install it and update it through built-in LiveUpdate tool. That's all that you need to do to get it working. No need for any other P2K drivers or other stuff, at least if you are running WinXp Pro SP2.

Oh yeah, and the cable i'm using is just a regular USB-mini that i bought for $15 buck in computer store around the conner.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2004
  17. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

Last edited: Nov 2, 2004
  18. Grim_Ogre

Grim_Ogre Member

Have a look on www.filemirrors.com and do a search for Motorola or mmpt.

Thats where I find my copy

19. cybohemia

cybohemia Member

Thanks for the info! I installed MPT, then the upgrade, and it connected to my phone. I was able to see my phone directory but my interest is actually to upload Java applications to my phone so I also installed MIDway 2.8 and PST 6.7.

MIDway times out and PST can't connect. A posting in another thread had suggested possibly un-installing PST but when I try to do that, Windows (XP Home SP1) gives me an error(!).

Any ideas? What is so complicated about uploading stuff that I just can't seem to get it? Thanks.

20. RedOctobr

RedOctobr Member

Alright great! GeeDaddy thanks a bunch for posting all those files!!!!!
    I just tried to load up a game to my v220 and it worked. even thought the game is kind of screwed up but at list it's there and working.
    So just in case someone's wondering how it's done here it is.
    THis site has detailed instructions on how to upload games to the phone:
    http://viciousglitch.tripod.com/motorola.htm
    and all the programs needed for that i downloaded from the site GeeDaddy posted two posts before.

Cheers, guys.