1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

motorola v262 with usb cable and version 3.11 MPT

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by gscord, Feb 28, 2005.

1. gscord

gscord Member

I have a usb cable purchased at radio shack (futuredial). i didn't want to purchase the $40 software, so i tried downloading version 3.11 of the mobile data tool. i was successful in the download...but it won't see my phone (motorola v262).
    the cable i bought is compatible with earlier motorola phones, but there was not a listing for the v262 on the box. the phone beeps when the cable is connected, and it appears to fit. the MPT will not let me do any live update like i've read can be done to upgrade it. is it most likely the usb cable, the mpt or just general operator headspace and timing????? somebody help me!!!! please!!!!

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

3. gscord

gscord Member

thanks for the tip....save one prob...i need an authentication user name and password to download P2K...btw, i am running this on windows ME....any problems? could you maybe clue me in on where to get the P2K?

4. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

5. gscord

gscord Member

my computer will not even recognize that the phone is attached, p2k says phone not connected....mobile phonetools won't see it either, is there a driver that i need to use to get my computer to acknowledge that a phone is connected? sorry for what i am sure are stupid questions.....i just want some better ringtones and maybe a couple of games!!!! the cable that i have says that futuredial cable needs snapmedia to work? can this be circumvented or perhaps downloaded somewhere else?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  6. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

what Windows do u have??

7. Winse

Winse Member

I bought a Motorola v262 the other day. I used to own a T720. I bought a USB cable for my T720 from Radio Shack, and i dont have hte drivers. I dont know if I need to buy a new cable for this new phone or I can download some new drivers. Can anyone please help me with this problem. If someone can direct me to WORKING drivers to the UBS radio Shack drivers please do so and any other programs I would need to run and change my phone. All I'm trying to do it upload new ring towns. Thanks for the help.

8. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

9. Winse

Winse Member

Hey mossyy, when I like on your link i get a broken one.

[bold]Forbidden
    Remote Host: [XX.XX.XXX.XXX]

You do not have permission to access http://mossyy.8m.com/p2kman.rar
    Data files must be stored on the same site they are linked from.

Thank you for using FreeServers[/bold]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  10. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

11. Winse

Winse Member

is the P2KMan the drivers for the Radio Shack USB? Im looking for a working Drivers link.

12. motodude

motodude Guest

It should work with the radioshack cable. It's just a cable doesn't matter who made it but should a mini usb cable.

13. Winse

Winse Member

I tried and tried. i cant get my USB drivers installed. HELP ME SOMEONE! I have a Radio Shack USB from when I had my T720. Can I still use it?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  14. motodude

motodude Guest

First plugin the usb cable with phone into your computer. Then go into device manager, look under "modems" for "motorola modem". If you see one, then uninstall the driver. Disconnect the usb cable and reconnect it. Windows should detect it and ask for a driver, give it the p2k driver (check my sig for them).

15. Winse

Winse Member

Thats great information, but it doesnt work. I dont have a modem on my computer. Device manager doesnt even detect a modem when I have my phone plugged in. As of right now everything is uninstalled. I will step you through the steps.

1.step one - plug in the USB cable. ( I get a prompt saying "Welcome to the hardware update wizard" I click on "Yes, this time only"
    2.Step two - click on "Install from a list or specific location[Advanced]"
    3. I like on Browse and I take it stright to the P2k.inf. than click next.
    4. Searching... Now it found a "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port".
    WHICH doesnt work worth of crap. I still cant get it installed. and i know its not Prolific USB-to-Serial.

What am I doing wrong?
    To answer any other questions. Yes, I have downloaded the P2kman and any p2k files. the Motorola tools and everything from all the forums I can find. I have all the files you guys provide. I just get get it to work.

New Update :
    Still doesnt work. I tried it on a different computer and I still get "cannt install this hardware".

New Update #2 : When trying to install that 26meg Motorola tool program. At the end of the install I get the following error "error 1406. could not write value. VersionMinor to key \product\...\installProperties. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel"
    About/retry/ignore

Retry doesnt work so I try Ignore. New Error
    Error 1406 could not write value VersionMinor to key
    ...\(CF88712B- 16A3-45A1-B6C5-8E6CD0408E61).
    Verify that you have suffient access to that k....(key)

JOY.. same errors on 2 computers. What stinking luck.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  16. motodude

motodude Guest

"Verify that you have suffient access" do you have admin privileges?

17. gscord

gscord Member

i have windows ME, and the modem device manager will not even detect that a modem is connected when my phone is plugged in. when i try to select one from the list, there are motorola international modems on the list, but i have no idea if i am supposed to choose one. i have downloaded the P2K, mobile phonetools v3.11 and a few other attempts to find a driver. i may be a little slow, but the P2k doesn't do anything when i select it as a driver. considering chewing on my gun!

18. Winse

Winse Member

Yes, I do have full access. I dont know why its doing this. Is it because of WinXP pro?

19. gscord

gscord Member

OK i think i have discovered why my phone is not being recognized as a modem. The new device hardware manager is seeing my phone as a Wave Device for Voice Modem.....is this what it should be doing? Anybody????

20. Winse

Winse Member