1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola V3 data cable connection problem

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by sensus, Oct 28, 2004.

1. sensus

sensus Member

hi, I have just got this funky little phone and have had no end of problem trying to connect it to my pc to dowload pictures ringtones etc. Has anyone else had a problem?

The software which came with the phone seems to load ok and the data cable supplied seems to work but it takes forever and a day for the software to recognise the phone (if at all) and if I am lucky enough to get a connection, i'll get halfway through downloading something and I'll get a message saying that the phone has terminated the connection and therefore stops what it's doing. Once it does that the software won't allow the phone to be recognised and just states that it's "initializing". I'm not a complete technophobe but treat me like an idiot if you have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

2. sensus

sensus Member

hi people, i've managed to solve my problem now thanks to a download mentioned in another thread.

Mobile phone tools v3.07 (i think) has made it work once i installed the update.