1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola V360 usb driver

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by lilgee28, Dec 24, 2005.

1. xMaSaCrEx

xMaSaCrEx Member

man!!!!!!!!!!1 u saved my life !!!!
    that was exactly wht i needed omg thanks so much!!!!!

2. juansesu

juansesu Guest

how do u install games ringtones and u have the cds for it, but it won't let me install them what do i do??????????

3. Murpur

Murpur Member

You can copy the game files directly to your v360 (after the drivers are configured via MPT it's usually possible to access the memory card as a mass storage device in your my computer/explorer interface) to the directory I mentioned /mobile/kjava/IMEI####/ then when you enter the java application menu on your phone and access the memory card use the settings menu to install the application. This is one way at least to do this, another is to use an app like motomidman that can handle the app installation directly instead of messing around, plus it can be used to disable the security option on the phone that blocks manually installing apps to the phone memory, and do it directly anyway. I do not advise messing with the phone security via programs like motomidman unless you're willing to risk damaging your phone, however it's definitely a quick way to get through installing applications (well ok it's a little slow since each new install requires the info file to be updated and everything, but still faster than manually).

I hope this answers your question fully, since this is now the second time I've explained how to do this in this thread.

4. mikesimp

mikesimp Member

how do u personalize ringtones?

i tried to use the melody studio in the phone tools, but it never works =/

5. Murpur

Murpur Member

You need to set your new tone for a particular event. Going into the Settings menu the second option is Ring Styles, now under this is the current ring style (ie my phone is set to vibe & ring and the settings change per style, and is temporarily set to loud when the charger or connection cable is plugged in). Now goto the second option ie 'Vibe & Ring Detail' and you have the option of setting your sounds for every event.

Note the sounds need to be in your phone memory, if they're on your memory card use the media browser to move or copy them across. You're doing better than me though if you've gotten the melody studio figured out. Why; unlike Nokia; Motorola never produced an explanation of the buttons is beyond me.

6. karinad

karinad Guest

7. nuttin_88

nuttin_88 Regular member

i was wondering if there are any skins out there available for me to download that will work on my v360? If anybody has some please let me know. Also, my images do not fit the phone screen they are too big. How can i resize them to fit perfectly?

8. spikenail

spikenail Member

Ga ok can one of you guys take me through the driver setup like im a retard... im not but i dont have the cd to install my v360 motorola phone usb driver witch i need to put music on with and download my pic with.....

I looked at the things on this thread and i am lost...

I cant get it to work with my windows vista...

Help!!!!

9. Murpur

Murpur Member

I'm not sure MPT even functions with Vista yet, let alone the drivers. A lot of stuff still hasn't had Vista compatible releases I'm afraid, and AFAIK Vista doesn't like older OS drivers.

10. ABDEATH

ABDEATH Member

THANKS ALOT those steps worked!!! if you do not know how to get the phone tools u can look it up on torrents/p2p

11. Murpur

Murpur Member

I feel I should remind you that getting the program through those methods is of dubious legality, though since most Moto's ship with the app I would personally argue that for someone who doesn't have MPT with their phone shouldn't be in danger of being sued as they're replacing something they should have had in the first place. However I am not a lawyer. This isn't intended as anything other than a caution, big companies have a bad habit of getting cranky when end users dodge paying them money.

12. rayshiku

rayshiku Member

hi,nice to know am not the only one who had problems trying to connect my PC to the moto v360.I have a problem relating to the steps u put up elecblue so maybe u could enlighten me cuz i even looked for the general menu or communication ......step 1.2...so do help me out,cheers