1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola V710 & MPT???

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by JDC85, Feb 14, 2005.

1. JDC85

JDC85 Member

I have downloaded MPTs and it recognized my v710 and I can see my phone but on the tool bar out beside the phone, the multimedia center isn't there. It has the email, phonebook, calender, but no mulitmedia center. Why is this? Does anyone have any idea??

Thanks

2. Eeyore9

Eeyore9 Member

Yes.
    Your Telephone service provider ordered the V710 to be crippled from Motorola so you would have to pay each time you want to send a picture or vid from your phone via thier email service. I bought over $200.00 worth of extra crap to transfer the files and frankly, had I known what a hastle this would be I would have bougt a $45.00 phone and a seperate much higher quality digital camera for a whole lot less.

Frankly, Im steaming mad at what could have been a fantastic little toy. Im probably going to get an unlocked V3 RAZR and change to a service provider that does not cripple thier own hardware.

3. SalQrazy

SalQrazy Member

hey, u sed u got 200 dollars worth of stuff to be able to download to your v710, what did you get, im willing to get it. i have no way of taking back my phone now and i would like to download to it. thanks

4. Eeyore9

Eeyore9 Member

ok....
    To get your pictures and videos off of the phone, you need 2 things. The additional memory card that inserts into the phone, and a 'card reader' that the memory chip inserts into, and it plugs into your PC and is read as a removable media drive. I also use this to get mp3s into my phone for listening to. Sadly, I cannot asign the mp3s as ring tones whihc is what I wanted to do in the first place. To back up your schedule (does anyone use thier phone for that?) and phone book you need Motorola Phone tools which is about the same as the other stuff. Altogether just over $200.00 CDN. this is the blue tooth thing and the blue tooth dongle comes with Motorola phone tools. its proprietary though I believe so you cant use it to send stuff to other blue tooth phones, which you IMO SHOULD be able to.

AS I said, Motorola was asked to cripple this phone whihc is a real shame. it would be an awesome little tool if it worked as it was desighned to. At least the sound, speaker phone function and voice recognition is fantastic to astonishing. That at least lets me feel better. And now that I have seen a V3 p close, I dont think its as much better in some ways as the V710

5. sferrell

sferrell Member

do u need a certain type of usb to communicate cell with pc? i've seen threads that have said this but not recently. i've downloaded mpt and connected my v710 through my usb but no recognition. the usb looks to have all the pins that match up with the v710 but i don't think the phone is able to charge through it.
    thanks

6. 402pilot

402pilot Member

I have the cable but cant find the Motorola 98653H software. anyone have it and want to share?

7. sabella68

sabella68 Member

http://www.v710.org/mark/index.htm

The tutorial to make your mulitmedia show up to transfer files from pc to phone is here...they have links to the seem edits and the tools you'll need also.

8. sabella68

sabella68 Member

So for ringers you have a choice of 4 ways to get them on the phone without using Get-It-Now. These 4 ways also work for getting Pictures and Videos onto your phone from a PC. (also see the notes below)

1. Send a message to your phone using the VZWPIX.com service from your pc that contains the file you want to use as a ringer. (limits... 250K file size, sound files must end with extension .MID even if its an MP3 file, the ringer should not be more than 20 to 25secs). Also works as an email to yourphonenumber@vzwpix.com with the file attached.... This will cost $.25 per message.

2. Put the TF card in a memory reader attached to your PC, and copy the file onto the TF card. Put the TF card back in your phone. From your phone Send a message with the ring tone file attached to a bogus address, say 555555555@vzwpix.com. It will error out, but the message will be in the phone's outbox. Go into the outbox on the phone and save the file to the phone's internal memory. This should be "free" but has the fragile nature of the TF card to contend with... i.e. you have to be careful moving the card back and forth between the PC and phone so you don't break it.

3. Do a Seem edit to re-enable the TF Copy/Move option. Once done, you have the ability to copy/move MP3/Midi/sound files directly between the phone's main memory and a Transflash card using option in the phone's menu.

4. Do a Seem edit to enable USB/BT Transfers when using the MPT software. Then use Mobile Explorer under the Multimedia Studio feature of the MPT software to transfer ringers/graphics/videos to/from your phone. For how to, see the MPT page

Note: Option 1... When it comes to renaming from .MP3 to .MID... Go into Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View tab. Find the box for "hide extensions for known file types" and remove the the check mark prior to trying to rename the file. Failure to do so will result in Mytone.MP3 being renamed as Mytone.mid.mp3... After you remove that check, mytone.mp3 will be properly renamed to mytone.mid.

Note: Option 1... You must visit the VZWPIX.COM web site and sign up prior to attempting to email to your phone.