1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

motorola v80 data cable

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Ruzzy, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Ruzzy

Ruzzy Member

And the saga begins,
    Now ive installed the 'USB_DRIVER' and 'mobile phone tools, its just that i cant see the driver once ive installed it in my device manager just got the normal COM1 COM2 and LPT1.... ive been and downloaded the P2K Driver but that dont even come up as anything just a bunch of files and to be really honest i dont really have a clue what im doing!
    ive got as far as trying to setup and detect my phone but my phone is not even listed on the phonetools list V80 not there?
    im just confused so would love step by step directions hehhe oh and some pictures! im thick as custurd!
    help plzzzzzzz

2. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

Ruzzy,
    Your USB and P2K driver's wont show up in your device manager because they are not programs. Try having your Mobile Phone Tools look for your driver in the P2K folder. Also since your V80 is not listed try picking another one of the latest phone's on the list and see if it recognizes it. Did you use the Mobile Phone Tools upgrade file?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2004
  3. Ruzzy

Ruzzy Member

yeah mobile phone tools was updated, i choose the v600 instead of the non existant v80, but till i can actually install the Hardware without it saying There has been a problem installing the new device it may have problems etc etc bla bla bla,

so i will havw to have a real god play on it again i guess.

how do i use the P2K files that i downloaded? because there is no .exe for it? ive installed the 'USB DRIVER' and that is COMPLETE and ok.

i guess im just doing it wrong, but its hard to do without someone holding my hand and helping me double click my mouse, any chance of Remote access :) HAHAHA NOW THAT WOULD BE THE BEST SUPPORT1

ok i will go away now and try this again from scratch! and try putting this p2k thingy from phone tools.

speak to u soon

Ruzzy "stupid" Lee

4. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

Ruzzy,
    delete the program and start over. Download the "mpt_1.23c_EN.zip" from here:
    http://www.phonecrap.com/software/mobilePhoneTools/
    Then use the upgrade "mobilePhoneTools_2.21b_US-exe" from here:
    ftp:\\ftp2.bvrp.com/motorola
    Then see if it will recognize the phone without the P2K driver pack. If not download the P2K drivers from here:
    http://bongowireless.com/file_download.php
    Or use this USB driver:
    http://www.cellphonemall.net/wireless/store/accessorydetail.asp?id=23142&phoneid=255
    Let us know if all comes out well...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2004
  5. maxngck

maxngck Member

hi! just wanted to check wif u all whether the phone tools are compatible wif bluetooth dongle? if i just download the software, am i b able to use it using my bluetooth dongle???

pls help! thks!

6. dlo_604

dlo_604 Member

Ruzzy upgrade the Mobile Phone Tools. I had the exact same problem but than after I upgraded to 3.11 it shows the v80. I have the v80 myself and after you upgrade it all is well =)

If you have any more questions feel free to PM me.