1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorstorm starting to be the biggest ps3 f-up ever..

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by anubis66, May 9, 2007.

1. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

I'm gunna sell the game soon if the cheating that runs soooo rampant in motorstorm does not get fixed in an update very soon. this infinate boosting sh*t is just that.

what is wrong with the developers? couldn't this easy glitch have been found out in and testing, with the plenty there was before the us release. i mean come on, a game built for multiplayer with the biggest folly of all time to ruin it completely. this studio has lost my appreciation. may they burn for taking my 60 dollars.

2. whatevs

whatevs Member

why don't you host a game and kick anyone that uses that glitch?

3. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

motorstorm does not allow kicking.. another MAJOR f-up.

4. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

5. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

i hope booting is allowed soon. all this should not even have happened. i hope future games get things striaght.

6. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I don't see how you can blame the makers of the game because some tools exploit something...really how is it their fault that people cheat and can't play fair? Actually it just goes to show the character of these children playing Motorstorm (even if they are in their 30's and doing it they are still immature). Waaaah I can't lose, Waaah I don't want to be a last so I have to cheat to be "better" than others, Waaah Waaah Waaah!

It's just like in CS, people have to hack like if they are proving a point or something when all it is they have a low self esteem and can't cope with someone who actually practices to be better or good at something with some hard earned effort. But in that case you don't blame Steam 100% of the time....

7. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

Yeah I'd be more frustrated with the actual "hackers" than Sony or Evolution.
    Still, whoever is running the servers should at least try to remedy the thing.
    For example, I'm pretty dissappointed how long it is taking Blizzard to patch starcraft again. and CC was useless until EA came out with a new one.

8. tyler123

tyler123 Regular member

got a ps3 1.7 blah blah .never played online yet , only got sonic .swapped that for resistance bring it back in a week kind of thing .dont think sonic is online .is it easy to play online ?.got me psp running with me ps3 nice .3.40 oe-a.dont use me ps3 as much as i thought i would.still got sony on it so all is good . an iso loader, i wish and hope for .yes i would chance me arm for it

`` zed1`` if i ever get to play online

got loads of psp .etc. for me ps3 .i am just itching

9. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

sweet dude

??????????????????

10. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

this issnt a hack, this isn't a tool. it is a built in the game flaw that the developers oversaw. it works in the demo, and ever retail version.

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  11. allin

allin Regular member

I'd not even heard of this cheat until I read this thread. This is such a pity people are using this. I actually have a decent record online too, winning 30% of my races. This has to be addressed asap.

What buttons are pressed to do this cheat? Not that I will be using it. It would take the fun out of racing IMO.

12. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Goes the same with all the laggers on Resistance.... Cant F'ckn win with skill....

13. CoastLife

CoastLife Regular member

what is "laggers" because someone called me that in resistance today and it was the first time ive heard this... im assuming it was because i had azureus running because i was seeding somthing and if my upload goes to high it screws with my internets speed so i just turned azureus off... am i right or is it somthing else?

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  14. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Yeah, thats basically, I believe what it is, someone correct me if I am wrong.... but its one thing when you are lagging on accident or on purpose like some do... you can tell when someone is lagging.. the hop all over the damn screen and make it very hard to hit... Some people lag to cheat, allowing them to basically skip around, appearing and reappearing.... in your case you are lagging because from what it sounds, you have a lower data connection.. not saying its too slow, just saying that you have muilple things running at one time causing a "lag" on your end... Seeding, uploading, etc will cause a lag on slower connections....

15. CoastLife

CoastLife Regular member

Ok thanks Jlhfit i guess im just gonna have to turn azureus off when i play from now on because i dont want people to think im a cheater, I hate cheaters.

16. funky22

funky22 Guest

patch is comming i read it on qj net and motorstorm is a great game great grafic and realisam i love it :)

17. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

i believe if i told i'd be suspended. plus then more people would abuse it. i'm sad because i had an upper 40 percentile and even 50 at one point, but now its going to be reset. its for the better though, because i can still prove myself again while they cant.

and any download program will lag online play, even if only a few kb are used, even with a bandwidth limit.

Last edited: May 13, 2007
  18. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

when the stats are reset, Imma lose a lot. I have right now 52% of 134 races, it used to be all the was up to 60%, but i've lost more than usual lately, probably because of people using that cheat.

I just went to gamespot and learned of how to do the cheat, who knew it was so obvious? i can't believe something that simple wasn't fixed before they released the game.

here's the full list of upgrades:

edit: after reading more on the forum,
    STATS WILL NOT BE RESET, ONLY THE FAME WILL!
    posted by Lestrade
    http://community.eu.playstation.com/showthread.php?t=82751&page=2

Last edited: May 13, 2007
  19. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

exactly

this happened to me and i lost 6 hours or more of play from over 2/3 days. i though it was my ps3.

evolution, in light of everything, has lost me as a fan. how could you release a game with so many eff ups? i mean come n. i cant wait to se other ps3 games. if motorstorm was delayed 3 times and still sucked it up this much at its launch even after two updates, i don't even know if i want my ps3. imgaine the next few games..

20. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

ah cheer up anubis. It won't be that bad lol.