1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mounted Game Image "please insert Cd"

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by niap21, Jan 1, 2005.

1. niap21

niap21 Member

I have Warcraft III, a perchased copy, that i have backed up on my harddrive using Nero image drive recorder. I mounted it with Nero DriveImage software and installed the game fine off the image. But when i try to play, it tells me to insert the correct CD. Im trying to back up my whole game library on my new raptor drive so that can reduce scratches and abuse on my discs. I have tried it with several different games, but none of them will play off the mounted play discs.
    Please help.

2. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

Warcraft III is copy protected by Securom xx.xx.
    Yes, you can install from your back-up, BUT you still need to insert the original CD to play!
    Read the threads at the beginning of this forum
    -Backing up securom
    - step by step guide....

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I have yet to play a Securom game using a virtual drive, in fact I think its impossible. But I hope someone had success in mounting a Securom game and playing them.

If someone has please post steps and programs.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I've successfully mounted SecuROM games and I can't recall doing anything special or different for them. The images were read in my Lite-On 166S at 4X then mounted using Daemon Tools with all emulations options turned off.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ niap21

The game needs to be read with the right software such as BlindWrite, Alcohol 120% or CloneCD. Nero isn't very good at reading images of protected PC games. I recommend reading the image at 4X then mounting it using Daemon Tools :)