1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mounting Game CD's with Alcohol - Need assistance

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by kpar77, Aug 17, 2009.

1. kpar77

kpar77 Member

Hello,
    I have a copy of Doom3 on 3 CD's. I would like to mount them using alcohol and install. I can do this, install the first CD, then it asks me to insert CD2. However, with a virtual drive, there is no CD2, and the install screen fills the whole monitor. Can anyone help with this process? Thanks in advance!

2. varnull

varnull Guest

not a lot you can do except burn the disks unless you can find a "run minimised" or "start windowed" setting for the setup file properties somewhere.. try right clicking on it and looking for options.. I gave up using windoze and playing games a long time ago.. but something tells me that's where you should be looking.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2009
  3. rmarier83

rmarier83 Member

I'm sure Ctrl+Alt+Del can help (Task Manager)Right click a task and choose "Switch to" this brings up the window needed. So just have "My computer" opened before doing this install, so you can access your virtual drive(s). Alternatively you can choose minimize for your installer (might help).