1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mounting problem (what else is new?)

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by zippity, Nov 11, 2007.

1. zippity

zippity Member

I recently downloaded the Trivial Pursuit Unhinged game because I wanted to prove once and for all just how dumb I am. I also snagged Daemon Tools and a friend suggested I try a few things to get it to actually play.
    The first thing I did was in emulation check off safedisc and Securom and then set number of devices to 1. I then went to Virtual CD/DVD-Rom
    Device 0: [F] No Media and "mount image" of the image file in my CD1 folder of the game. (It also has a CD2 folder with another image file...both have bin files as well).
    After opening the image in CD1 the installshield wizard asks for my language of choice and then the CD Key (both of which are entered)...it then begins to install but stops about 3/4 of the way through and then a message says "Setup needs the next disc. beneath that it says "Please insert the following disc: Play Disc. Below that is the word "Path" above a window that just has F: and then "browse" at the end of that in another window.

I can't do a thing after this point and I've tried everything so i always have to cancel the setup.

can someone please help with a step by step "easy" plan if possible?...i've searched this forum for what I think I'm looking for but to no avail.

thx in advance

2. travalon

travalon Regular member

Try un-mounting the first image and then mounting the second image on the same virtual drive b4 hitting ok. or set your virtual drives to 2 drives and mount the second image on the second drive. Some times you have to burn the disc (Be sure to scan it with A-Ray scanner first) and install from a physical drive then you can play with an image.

3. zippity

zippity Member

thanks for responding travalon but i've tried mounting the second image on top of the already mounted first one.....and after unmounting the first one, but neither seem to have worked. The game resumed the installation process until the end,,,,told me my directx version met the necessary requirements and placed an icon on my desktop. But after clicking on that shortcut, it still asks to "insert" the disc. I'm hoping I don't have to burn anything to a disc but may have to unless there is another solution. I haven't tried using the two separate drives for both images, because a friend says it will screw things up, but i'll try anything at this point or simply delete the whole shebang...any further thoughts?