1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mounting remote network drives

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Sandy1379, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Sandy1379

Sandy1379 Member

Hi guys, i can record to my pc fine from the dbox using winserver.

PC = 192.168.0.3
    DBox = 192.168.0.10

i can access the recorded directory fine on another pc on the network by going to \\192.168.0.3\data

for some reason i cannot access the shared folder on the dbox.

here is what i have at the moment:
    [​IMG]

i have tried different settings for Local directory such as /mnt/recorded and /var/mnt/recorded

i have made sure that i have created these mount points using a telnet session to the box and can confirm they are there.

i'm now lost for ideas.

i have also tried creating the share on a different pc but cannot mount these shares

thanks in advance for any advice

p.s. sagem dbox2 sportster Sportster Pro 1.02

2. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

I had few problems like yours and in the end gave up, now however the latest Sporster Image has Samba support so should be easily access the PC shares.. am going to look at it this weekend...

3. Sandy1379

Sandy1379 Member

how do i confirm what image im using and where do i get the newest image from?

what backups other than services.xml and bouquet.xml do i need to make? i've heard stuff about ucodes etc...