1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mouse wont drag

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by BIGnewb, Jan 28, 2007.

1. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

hi today i tried to drag my music but my mouse wont drag for some reason.can someone help?

2. onya

onya Guest

Is this a software specific problem?
    Can you infact drag any file(s) at all?
    Have you looked at the "device manager" for an indication of conflicts?
    Try troubleshooting your mouse. Or Uninstall the driver, then reinstall. Worth trying.

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

and are you holding down on the mouse to drag. try resetting it

4. bkf

bkf Guest

Thats not alot of information. Is your mouse optical or one that has the little ball on the bottom? Can you drag anything or just having problems with music?

5. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

ok let me explain further then
    i had a wireless optical mouse the driver installed too but it stopped working because it was a piece of crap.now im using the ball mouse.i always dragged my files onto itunes but now i cant do anything.just in cas this helps the driver from the other mouse is still installed but i dont think that should change anything.thanks everyone

6. onya

onya Guest

Having two drivers may not cause a conflict, but to make sure, may I suggest you unintall both drivers, then restart your pc. XP will detect new device, and assign a driver. Go to control panel and select printers and other hardware, select mouse. Here you'll see a small open window, with five tabs, assign the button functions first off, then check the rest to your prefferences.

If for any reason the standard driver that XP assigns doesn't work, then intall your driver, at this point, then do a restart. Go through the mouse settings as described, and test your dragging abilities. Fingers crossed.

7. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

i did rollback driver and i guess it worked

8. onya

onya Guest

Nothing worse than a dissobedient mouse....lol

Cheers.