1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOV 2 DVD resolution?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Reznor79, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Reznor79

Reznor79 Member

I have been trying for years to find a program to simply change all my MOV files to VCD or SVCD or DVD files so i can watch them on a DVD player.. I have just tried to convert MOV files using Digital Media Converter but the resultion comes out all blocky and choppy and i have also tried the same thing with AVI and MPG files but they come out with a much worse resolution and are sometimes out of sync. So basically i still havent found a good way of creating my own DVD's (or VCD's) from the files on my computer, any help please?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well the Problem is Probably because the Mov files are of a Low Resolution and when you convert them to DVD Format which uses a high resolution you Loose much of the Quality because Upsizeing the resolution will allways degrade the quality...

So I suggest you encode them to a Low Resolution DVD format Like useing the SIF/CIF DVD Standard which uses a resolution of 352+240/288-Pal with a Mpeg-2 Video Bitrate of about 1500kbs and see if the Quality looks better...

If not then you are "S.O.L"....

Cheers