1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Move or restart Windows Backup on new drive?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by g725s, Aug 31, 2011.

1. g725s

g725s Member

I want to either move or restart Windows Backup on a new drive. So I'd like to wipe the current Backup off the drive it is currently on.

I really don't care that much about saving older recovery points. Is there a way to just switch where the recovery is saved and once a new restore point has been created on the new drive I could just delete the old files on the other drive?

2. attar

attar Senior member

Using Windows 7, I was saving backups to an external drive, but installed a second internal drive and used that instead.

3. g725s

g725s Member

I found no option to move the existing files to my new drive. It won't even give me an option to select a different location.

You say you did this. Could you be more descriptive?

4. attar

attar Senior member

The files shown are my backup on my external drive.
    I copied both of them from my external drive to an internal drive, unplugged the external drive and clicked (in windows backup) 'Select another backup to restore files from'.
    It found them on my 'E' drive and offered to do a restore.
    I could also click 'change settings' and selected an internal drive to do a new backup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]