1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moveis i've burned problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by l3ights, May 17, 2007.

1. l3ights

l3ights Guest

hi, i've looked for throught the threads on here but cant find it, the problem i'm having is after i've burned a movie from my comp, when i play it it is green and flashes the movie plays fine on comp but from DVD is the problem, can some1 tell me how to sort this out. i used roxio to burn this as it was an image, the other software i have is convertxto vid and winAVI which 1 is the best for this as i have more to burn which are in AVI format

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

from your broken English I can only assume that you have a compatibility problem...... the burned DVD will play on the computer but not on your standalone DVD player. when played on the standalone, it give green flashes.

here are some remedies:
    1. burning speeds: burn at 4x so there will be less writing errors (rule of thumb is to burn at half the rated speed of the disk--8X disk burn at 4x).
    2. read manual for your stand alone player and use the disks that will play in your player. If your player is less than 2 yrs old then it should play the + or - R disks! I said SHOULD that's why you read the manual.
    3. try booktyping your drive to DVd-ROM so it will make your +R disks more compatible to players. Read this:
    http://k-probe.com/bitsetting-booktype-faq.php
    4. make sure that there are no finger prints or scratches on your disk that make it hard for the player to read the disk!
    5. use good quality media (rule of thumb....buy the ones that are Made in Japan.) Verbatim is a top notch disk and is the only exception to this rule....some Verbatims are made in Taiwan and they are top notch!
    6. and don't burn too close to the outer edge of the disk ..... which will make the disk unreadable! but using good media you will be able to burn close to the edge better than lesser quality media. Just in case I only burn no closer than 4400MB, so if you can set your programs to that, all the better!

I would use better burning program than Roxio.... try ImgBurn:
    http://www.imgburn.com/ it's free.

also consider that if your AVI file is corrupt and you convert it to DVD then don't expect great quality. that's why the green flashes? or it could be a media problem, burning to crappy media..... get better quality media!

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  3. l3ights

l3ights Guest

i mean the file plays fine on my comp but when i burned it onto DVD the colour is green and it flashes and flickers like as if it copyied and encrypted

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

consider the AVI file played on your computer is REGION FREE and the DVD player is a different region that the AVI file is from.... hence the flashing of green or maybe even black and white! if it's pixelations adn such then it's the media being used! use better media.... but if it's PAL being played on a NTSC machine then you have to convert the file to the correct region for it to play without the weird color shades or audio problems too. Also consider that some AVI files have a problem being converted even though you set ConvertXToDVD correctly using NTSC or PAL (which ever area you are in!).