1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

movement lines with gordian knot

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by mjuliaoi, Aug 12, 2003.

1. mjuliaoi

mjuliaoi Guest

im getting blinds or lines that appear with somebody moves and im using gordian knot with a guide that i found on divx-digest.com

2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Your movie may have been interlaced. Try re-encoding the vob files with a deinterlacing filter.

Or you can try the deinterlacing option that comes with FFDShow but the effects are only during playback and doesnt affect the file at all. What I mean is, if you choose another codec to decode your movie, the interlaced artifacts return.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2003
  3. mjuliaoi

mjuliaoi Guest

but when i run the movie in DVD2SAVI it says it is progressive

4. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Does it read progressive all the way through or does it switch between progressive and interlaced.

Also the dvd may have been telecined before converting to dvd. What does video type read? If it reads FILM at over 95% then it has most likely been telecined. Another and more accurate way to judge whether the film has been telecined or not is to open the d2v(dont use force film) project in Gknot and get into the preview window. Move through part of the movie frame by frame, if you see 3 progressive frames followed by 2 interlaced ones, the source has been telecined. To fix this either use force film in dvd2avi or the IVTC methods of Gknot.