1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movement through xmb

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by phreakr, Feb 4, 2008.

1. phreakr

phreakr Member

Hey everyone just ran into an issue and have been unable to find anything online in regards to it. Hope someone can help. I have a 1001 phat psp with cfw 3.80 m33-5 and custom . When i turn on the psp it boots as normal however upon entering the xmb the up,down,left right and control stick do not respond. If i boot into recovery mode they work fine? Any ideas?

2. phreakr

phreakr Member

sorry for the double post...i have a custom theme and it worked fine last night...just turned it on and directional keys and stick arent working

3. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Just a guess here, but did you happen to change the CPU speed for the XMB while in recovery mode? You can change those options from either recovery mode, or from the vsh menu when you press select while in the psp's main menu (XMB)
    If you press select the little menu will pop up and you can change the options from there-The CPU speed for XMB and UMD/ISO should both be set to 'default'

See if that works...I dont think I have ever seen where the d-pad doesnt work after installing a custom theme.

4. phreakr

phreakr Member

That did the job....thanks deez

5. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

No problem-
    The one for XMB should definitely be left at 'default' otherwise you will have trouble like you did...
    The other one for the UMD/ISO, you can bump that one up to 333Mhz if you find your ISO games to be lagging..The only drawback from having the processor speed boosted up like that is it drains the battery faster...