1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie begins at last scene.goes into beginning after credits.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by 84jrp, Oct 7, 2007.

1. 84jrp

84jrp Member

The movie burns.Just begins at about the end of movie.Movie starts after credits.What am I doing wrong?

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

3. 84jrp

84jrp Member

I am using DVD shrink.I am using sony 4.7GB 16 X speed DVD-R discs.The movie plays fine on my pc.But when I put it in a dvd player it either doesn't read, or it starts right near the last scene of the movie,credits,then begins movie,or switched around scenes.I've wasted lots of discs but they do play on the pc. is there maybe a certain brand of dvd that can burn the entire movie without having to compress the file and burn just the movie?

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

using poor media will cause playback problems try using Taiyo Yuden and or Verbatim its you're best choice for media

another thing that is VERY important DO NOT burn above 8x max. that causes playback problems.

you can use a DVD+R DL (DVD-9) if you don't want to compress but there 1.75 each compared to a blank DVD-R SL (DVD-5) being about 24 cents each. doing the movie only on a DVD-5 keeps the compression down so thats really all you need to do 99% of the time.

my guess is you have been burning to fast and thats why you're having playback problems on the DVD player. slow it down to 8x max using good media as i mentioned.

make sure you have up to date firmware on you're drive/buring to, check here

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php

5. 84jrp

84jrp Member

I tried writing in 8 X like you said.But nope same problems.Mixed up scenes. I will buy some verbatim dvd-9 discs and try those.

6. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

i think its not the disscs
    abviously computer playingback ok
    how did u shrink the movie
    with all the menus
    or only the movie
    or in the player u might hit the button on a-b repeat

7. 84jrp

84jrp Member

I tried with the menus and without.It burned successfully with the menus.But when I popped it in dvd player(not pc) it doesn't go to the menu.It just starts at that same near last scene.I'm burning the mummy as a practice dvd.I couldn't rewind or go back.This time it just looped the same scene over and over with out stopping til' I manualy stopped it.Without the menus burned okay as well.Perfect playback on the pc.but it would start on that near scence,credits and then start movie.I followed the directions I don't know how many times. I'm really just out of ideas.Other than trying a verbatim dvd-9 disc.I've tried anydvd,dvd decrypter,i have dvd2dvr.maybe i'll try that.nero 8 was no help in successfully burning.Any other help you could give is much appreciated.

8. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

IF U USING NERO JUST SKIP IT

SOMETIMES NERO IS GHOST FOR ME
    AFTER U BACKED UP UR MOVIE TRY TO BURN WITH REGULAR BURNING SOFTY LIKE
    ROXIO SONIC OR NTI

9. 84jrp

84jrp Member

I'll try those.how about 2007 movies? i had trouble burning delta farce as a test as well.

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest