1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie Black & White and Not Centered Help (Is it PAL?)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Ashman1, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

I have an ISO of a movie. After I burned the image, using DVD Decryptor, and play it on my DVD player it is Black & White and the Y-axis is not centered. Other than that it is fine (great sound). I live in the US, so all of my TVs are NTFS. Could the ISO of the movie be a PAL version? If so, is there a way to rebuild the ISO with some sort of patch, so I can view it on a NTFS TV?

Whenever I back up PS2 games that are PAL, I use DVD Loader as a swap method and that corrects the issue, but I don’t have a clue when it comes to movies.

Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. I have backed up over 100 movies and never had any problems until now. So I am not new to this.

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Hey Ashman1,

You should be able to answer your question (Is it PAL?) by viewing it on your computer before burning it. If its colour...then it probably is PAL.

Or extract the movie and use a program like GSpot to find out the files specs. I'm not aware of a program that lets you see the file specs from an ISO...

Adder.

3. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

The burned movie plays in color on my computer, but black & white on my stand alone DVD player. I guess that means it is PAL. But, is there a way to patch the movie so it will play in color on my DVD player?

4. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

It doesn't sound like your player is actually the problem. If a player doesn't support PAL discs they shouldn't play at all. The problem is that your TV doesn't support PAL's color format and resolution, and unfortunately there's no way to make it work on a TV like that without completely re-encoding the disc.

6. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

7. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Very interesting.