1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie chopping!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by yum15, Apr 27, 2005.

1. yum15

yum15 Member

I have so far made 15 coasters and these dvd-r's are not cheap. Ok my scenario is, I am trying to burn quite a few movies and none are working properly. I hae tried different movies, different avi-dvd converters and different burning programs. Now when I try watching all these coasters they dont really skip to another part but they jump seconds in the movie. Does anyone know whats wrong?

PS. I have tried converting my avi's with: vso divx to dvd, and WinAVI video converter

I have tried burning with Nero, and CopyToDVD.

I have also tried burning at 8x 4x and 2.4x(couldnt burn at a lower speed) All of them had the same problem except at 2.4x whih didnt even burn twice.

I am using a dell running windows XP, and I'm using TDK 4.7GB DVD-R 8x blank dvd's

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

99 out of 100 its the media usally! try a diferent disc!

also what app and settings are you useing to burn???? not convert apps!

3. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Get the PHILIPS DVP642 dvd player, there.... problem solved. Even if you don't like the PHILIPS, there are a few out there now-a-day that can play AVI and DIVX files smoothly. At least that's what I did and I didn't even bother converting from AVI into DVD format. I simply burn 5 or 6 movies in AVI or DIVX format [depending on how big is each file has] using NERO to burn as in DATA in one single DVD-R, then I just put it in my PHILIPS dvd player and it plays like a champ flawlessly.

4. yum15

yum15 Member

How do I burn avi's toa dvd without coonverting?

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If you want your burn to play on most dvd players they need to be converted to proper dvd format. Most stand alone players can't play AVI files.

Jerry

6. yum15

yum15 Member

Well I ended up downloading a movie that was already converted to a dvd compliance files and I burned it and it wasnt chopping. So Im guessing its my converters causing the problems but after I convert them I look at them on my com0puter and they dont chop while Im watching them but I still think its my converters. So what do you guys think are some good converters to convert avi's to dvd compliance files so I ma burn them?

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  8. yum15

yum15 Member

I also used vso but it doesntchop when i burn it but when it converts the audio comes off track from the video