1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

movie dosen't fill screen

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by xbill, Jan 27, 2007.

1. xbill

xbill Regular member

i recored a football game on tv with my set top recorder.then used re do to remove com. i have it set to tv asp.4.3,but when i play the vob in the vlc player to check it doesn't fill the screen, as you can see. i am not sure how to fix this,i used x-2 -dvd to convert it , it was set to tv 4.3 also. but it all so plsyed like this.When i play the recored disc. it plays fine,also ran it in shrink with com. played the vts ifo it was full sreen I ha re do 2.5.3.500.Thanks for any help you can give me on this. Xbill A noob [​IMG]

2. xbill

xbill Regular member

Can any one help with this problem ,or have i posted in the wrong thread or discussion forum, an info on this will be appreciated. a noob

3. sags

sags Regular member

use window media player options to stretch it out

4. xbill

xbill Regular member

i would like to get it full screen so i could burn it to dvd.I would like to know why x-2-dvd didn;t do it,or if there is a setting i should be using in x 2 dvd.

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

don't know why your VLC media is playing your file like that.... but.... see if you can use a different program to convert your file better and solve your problem. If it's just he VLC media player.... try burning your video file to an RW disk..... then view the disk on the computer or TV and see if this is just a program setting for viewing. a good program for converting your files to DVD compliant files and burning is ConvertXToDVD..... good luck.

6. xbill

xbill Regular member

convert x to dvd is what i used.are there any settings that fill the screen.i used tv 4.3 setting.

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

did you try burning the disk to an RW disk and see how it plays on your tv?

8. xbill

xbill Regular member

yes. it still played the same.I did do it in nerovision and it opened in full screen. not sure why convert x to dvd didn't do it.At least i did get it done.Thanks for the reply,if you have any other info on this let me know.