1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

movie format problem

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by yuzaki, Apr 19, 2007.

1. yuzaki

yuzaki Member

i have a .avi divx and xvid then i converted them to mpeg-4 then stored it on my usb then in the ps3 after plugging it in and open it ,the mp4 fortmat that i made is unsupported. can someone have any idea about this. plz tell me

thx in advance

2. soulhunta

soulhunta Member

This is exactly what happened to me . What you need to do is install Red Kawa File server Red Kawa File Server PS3 Download.Then you can transfer the converted files from your PC to your PS3s Hard drive [NOTE: You need to create a internet connection on your PS3 in order for this to work]

3. DBM_Bones

DBM_Bones Regular member

I used MP4Convert, and put the files on usb stick and copied from that to PS3 and they worked fine.

MP4Convert has MP4-PS3 480/720/1080 as a conversion option,

So I don't think its due to using a thumb stick, may just be the MP4 codec you using.

4. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Another small but very annoying and fustrating thing about PS3 movies, dont have any spaces in the file name.
    This had me near puttin my boot through the LCD (so to speak) but it was just that wee space that caused all the hassle.
    So dont forget, [bold]NO SPACES!![/bold] ;)