1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie freezes after DVDDecrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by galois66, Mar 15, 2004.

1. galois66

galois66 Member

Hy guys!

Until now, I successfully made copies of my DVD by using DVDShrink3.1.3 and Bunratonce0.99b.

At a certain moment, I wanted go a little deeper and I wanted use DVDDecrypter 3.2.0 and IFOEdit to get rid extra material and to keep just some languages.
    Thus, I ripped my S.Y.N.A.P.S.E. DVD with DvdDecrypter 3.2.0. in file mode "all files".
    At the begin the copy on my HD seems work absolutely fine in the sense that I can choose subtitles, chapters, extra stuff, etc ( I use Intervideo WinDVD running under WindowsXP to play my DVD's).

But, when the main movie is playing, at a certain point (in middle of chapter 5to be precise) it freezes and stops (the original media plays absolutely fine and it is absolutely clean!).

Now, my questions:

1. as my final goal is have a working copy of the movie with menus, does it make sense to continue and process the files with IFOEdit? I think that at every step things must work fine, but I'm newbie and so....

2. Have I to use some particular settings to avoid the previous troubles? (I'm using the settings suggested at http://www.doom9.org "DVD Decrypter Guide" )

galois

2. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya,

Try playing the VOBS on their own (in the FILE mode, not the DVD mode) to see if the problem is in the VOB...

If the VOB is corrupt you will need to re-rip.

You are correct in thinking that EVERY step must work correctly, as corruption is a no-no.

No particular changes to settings required.

Have Fun...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Life is just more of the same:[/small]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2004
  3. galois66

galois66 Member

Hi DrChips

you suggestion works, indeed! Thanks a lot! I ripped again the DVD with DVDDecrypter and now EVERYTHING works fine.

My next step will be get rid extra material with IFOEdit.

Galois

4. drchips

drchips Active member

Happy to be able to help.

Have Fun...

5. galois66

galois66 Member

Hi drchips!

Since you are so kind, and if you don't worry, I would like to ask the following:

I used IFOEdit 0.96 to get rid logo, copyright notification and other useless stuff from VIDEO_TS.VOB file. I created also TMPGTemplate.txt file. After that I moved VTS_01_0 file (which contains the menu ) and VTS_01_1-VTS_01_07 files (which contain the main movie) from the folder I ripped to the subdirectory VIDEO_TS inside the destination directory of IFOEdit to have all files togheter.

But, when I playback the movie from HD to check if everything still works fine, I cannot use the menu anymore, in the sense that menu appears (for few seconds) on the video and then the movie starts to play.

In your opinion everything is ok?

However, I started digging into TMPG to transcode the video. Before that, I created a DVD2AVI project of your movie. To do this, I loaded my VOB files ( both VTS_01_*.VOB and VIDEO_TS.VOB files) in DVD2AVI. Once more, I followed the instructions from domm9 DVD2AVI guide. At the end of the process, I have got a project which I loaded in TMPGEnc. But TMPG have frozen when it was loading TMPGTemplate.txt file. (I know that TMPG takes some minutes to do this, but it really froze).
    What's wrong?

Thanks a lot for your attention.

galois

6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

7. galois66

galois66 Member

Hi, herbsman!

Indeed, I just download DVDStripper, but I haven't got time to check it, yet. Further, to be able to unable useless bottons (as I read in thread), should be perfect!

In any case, thank you a lot once more.

galois