1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie freezes after first chapter

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by MightWolf, Feb 21, 2004.

1. MightWolf

MightWolf Member

I've recorded a DVD-RW (Verbatim) with some movies, and they play fine if started from the beginning. But if I try to start a specific chapter video and audio freeze! The counter on the dvd player still goes up though, so the movie is still playing, just no A/V. So, in effect, I can start a movie, watch it fine, then press Next, it'll freeze, then the only thing I can do is either press Stop and restart, or go to the first chapter (which always plays fine on all movies), or skip all the way to the first chapter of the next movie.

I used DVD-Lab to add the chapters. I tried compiling with and without Frame-indexing - made no difference. Anyone know what this could be due to and/or any possible resolution?

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Is this on your computer or standalone player?

3. MightWolf

MightWolf Member

The problem is only on my standalone (Aspire Digital). It plays fine on my computer. I've also noticed the search/seek/resume functions will not work if I've started chapter 2 or later. However, if I'm watching the first chapter they all work.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

Last edited: Feb 22, 2004
  5. MightWolf

MightWolf Member

Yeah, the whole DVD is self-made, I encoded all movies in MPEG-2, audio in MP2, made all menus, titles and chapters. The thing is everything works, except for when I try to go to a chapter other than 1.

Note: I don't have a menu that goes to chapters, I only link to the beginning of each movie, then the only way to go to the next chapter is to press Next/FFwd on the remote.

I probably should try another dvd-authoring tool, but none offer as good features as DVD-Lab and I won't be able to make the menus I have now.

6. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

Mightwolf does the dvd play fine all the way thru if you do not try to skip to the next chapter??

also dvd ulead factory has a 28 day trial that can be used and is pretty simple ....not the greatest but may be worth a try
    DaOsT