1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie freezes up?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by forsfed86, Jan 28, 2005.

1. forsfed86

forsfed86 Member

Ok, I am using anydvd and clonedvd to make a back up copy of Shrek 2. I rip it to my hard drive then use Nero to burn to a DVD. I'm using HP DVD+R media (the yellow and silver ones)and I'm setting the burn speed as low as it will go, which is 2.4x. I use my XBOX as my DVD player and it has a Philips DVD drive in it. The movie starts up fine but at the beginning of the chapter 2 it starts freezing. Any ideas?

2. beltline

beltline Regular member

Run the dvd through dvd infopro and see if you get any crc errors. Bad media will do this quite often. Also run the dvd through dvd identifier and see who the manufactuer code is.

3. forsfed86

forsfed86 Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm kinda new at this so forgive me if ask stupid questions. Where can I get dvd infopro and dvd identifier?

4. beltline

beltline Regular member

5. forsfed86

forsfed86 Member

Thanks for the help. I downloaded infopro and identifer. I ran a CRC test and it was fine. I also ran it through identifer and the media i'm using received good marks. This is weird. Should i try burning it at a higher speed?

6. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Why not set it at the burn speed recommended by the media...can't hurt.

7. beltline

beltline Regular member

1. Check the DVD your backing up and make sure the same thing isn't happening with the original.

2. You can move your speed up to 4x (I recommend that speed until you get a good burn). I don't think it will have a effect.

3. Be sure you're not doing anything else on the computer when burning.

4. Have you tested the movie on another stand alone player/computer?

8. forsfed86

forsfed86 Member

I think it was the speed I was burning the media. After I ran DVD identifier it took me to a website that listed different brands of media. The one I am using was on the list and the description said something about 2.4x speed didn't always work when trying to burn to that particular media. I burned a couple of movies at 4x speed and the one I tested seems to be working great. Thanks for all the help and advice.