1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie freezes

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by mikie916, Oct 16, 2006.

1. mikie916

mikie916 Member

My movies started to freeze when I upgraded my clone 2 and Any DVD back at the end of August on 06. I have checked my burner, a NEC ND-3450A, upgraded the firmware, changed brand of blank DVD's but still the same problem. I even tried it on another pc I have with the same problem. Got any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

2. wocts

wocts Member

i understand your question in this way:
    you copy a dvd by Clonedvd, running AnyDVD in the background, and burn it by CloneDVD on a blanc medium. The copy is not running in a right way the movie freezes. Is this correct?
    Which prog do you use to play the movie: WinDvD, PowerDvD or others?
    Did you look already in the logfile of CloneDVD, if all is okay, when CloneDvD writes the image to the HD?
    I would try in this way. First update cloneDVD and AnyDvd to the last version and try again. If the same happens i would try in this way:
    Do not burn by CloneDVD, open the CloneDVDimage on the HD by Daemontools, copy the opend files in a new folder and burn it as a DataDvD by nero or alcohol or other progs.
    Are all properties in AnyDvD right?

3. wocts

wocts Member

this is the ratDVD-forum.
    i think you don´t speak about ratDVD, because you tell about CloneDvD

4. mikie916

mikie916 Member

No, I am not coping to the HD. I using CLONE DVD which makes a temp file. After that it throws it directly to the blank DVD. When the movie is played on my DVD player hooked to my TV the movie has freeze frames it in.

5. wocts

wocts Member

okay, this temp-file created by CloneDvD is an Imagefile. You can open this file by daemontools. Copy these files from daemon to a new folder and burn them as dataDvD by nero or other progs to DvD. You have in CloneDvD to choose "don´t delate imagefile after burning"

6. mikie916

mikie916 Member

OK, THANKS A LOT i WILL GIVE IT A TRY!

mIKE

7. wocts

wocts Member

post here if you have success

8. knapper

knapper Member

never up date if it works leave it alone