1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie freezes

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by lreamo, Feb 1, 2007.

1. lreamo

lreamo Member

I'm hopeing someone can help me out with this,I use dvd fab then dvd shrink I can burn movies but when I go to watch them some of them freeze up with about a half hour left of the movie,is there any solutions to prevent this from happening,thank you

2. Hieuly77

Hieuly77 Member

How old is your burner and what speed do you burn it at? Did you have the same problem burning with other software? I'm a newbie myself but have run into the same types of problems so maybe I can help a little.

3. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

-Always use good quality DVD disks.
    -Burn at 4X speed or at 1/2 the rated speed of the disk.
    -Have shrink create smaller files sizes of 4300MB so as not to burn too close to the disks outer edge.
    -Make sure your burner is using updated firmware.

4. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Freezing or skipping is more likely a media issue. Out of curiosity what brand of media are you using?

I've been using 1st class media; YUDEN, VERBs and Hitachi Maxell (MIJ) with customized all my backups to 4470MB and I've never encountered any freezing/skipping issue whatsoever.

Best of luck!!

5. Hieuly77

Hieuly77 Member

Also if you have an old out of date burner it could make your movies skip also. I was previously using an old burner that came with my computer and my movies were skipping no matter what media I used. I've since gotten a new burner and now no more skipping problems. Also try burning at different speeds. I find that 8X works pretty well for me. Burning at max speed can cause skips sometimes too.