1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie in 2 parts - 1 DVDR?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Ghosty101, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Ghosty101

Ghosty101 Member

Hi. Can anyone tell me if you have a movie in 2 parts how you make them into 1 dvdr. I have tried converting them but it cant add the 2 folders into the program for burning? Any suggestions?

Cheers

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

I trust you only have one burner. With Nero, you can do this:
    1) Burn the two separate discs onto HD under two separate folders, using the 'copy entire dvd video' function.
    2) If space is not a problem, burn the two folders from HD to DVD using 'Copy multiple dvd movies to one' function.
    In both cases, you need only select the Video_TS folder, but not the actual files within the folder, to burn.
    Good luck!

3. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

scf_au,

If you don't mind my asking (I'm still learning, learning, learning), does this result in the two movies ending up in a single VIDEO_TS folder on the dvd, or two? Is a menu automatically created to select between them, or do they simply play sequentially?

I'm trying to understand as much as I can about dvd's, and didn't know you could do this.

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

You can use DVD Shrink. Backup one disc in full disc mode, then use reauthor mode and find the "full disc" you just put on your hard drive and use the movie straight from the disc for the second. The problem is you won't be able to keep the menus, but that might not even be a problem for you. That's the only way I know of to do it, at least without buying another piece of software.

5. dimad

dimad Regular member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  6. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

1) Yes, the two movies would be combined to form one video_ts folder.

2) A menu would not be automatically created. However, since you are copying the entire disc(s), so if there's a menu on the original disc(s), you can choose to keep it or drop it while doing the compilation (it's an add and paste operation at the final compilation).

3) I normally use this method to combine several mini DVDs onto one single DVD. It's very convenient.