1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie "Matrix" I don't want letterbox

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jawbone, May 26, 2003.

1. Jawbone

Jawbone Member

I have successfully copied Matrix to one disc using DVDDecrypter, DVDShrink, DVD2One and then burn with Nero. I would like to have it in regular 4:3 not letterbox. Where am I going wrong?
    J

2. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

Is the source disk full screen or wide screen? If the second is the case then aquire a full screen dvd and go through the motions, if the backup should be full screen(or 4:3) then we will need more information about the steps you took to backup your dvd. I myself do have one question: Why did you use DVD2One and DVDshrink, one or the other would work, so both are not necesary. You really should only need to rip with DVDDecrypter, reencode with DVD2One, and burn with your program of choice(in your case Nero) I'm not trying to sound critisizing, but it seems that with the extra software you only add more dificulty to your project, along with the process of mistakes and errors.

3. Jawbone

Jawbone Member

I'm sorry I meant to say I use either DVD2One or DVDshrink, not both.
    Yes, the Matrix package says widescreen but I have seen lots of extra video on the disc that is full screen so I thought I was doing something wrong.
    I guess I'm stuck with letterbox..
    Thanks, j

4. optimus

optimus Guest

Use pinnacle instantcopy.

First copy the matrix iso to your harddrive using dvd decrypter, then using the options in instantcopy you can select which format 4:3, widescreen etc you wish the resulting dvd to turn out.

5. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

This subject has come up before. If you take a widescreen movie and convert it to full screen, all you are doing is either stretching the image vertically, or chopping off the sides and losing 20% of the movie.

I used to hate widescreen because I kept staring at "those black bars." Just ignore them, and enjoy the movie. And if you see somebody with "their head cut off", just remember that the head is also cut off in the full screen version too.

6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

If (and I've seen this in some DVD's) there are 2 main movie title sets the same length when authoring using DVD2One then choose one and follow procedure.
    If the conclusion is widescreen , try the other title set of the same length and you may well have a full screen copy.
    I've been lucky once or twice but I cannot remember which film (s) it would've been out of the 75+ sitting opposite me.(it might have been Phantom Menace & Attack of the Clones if memery serves me correct,i know one or both had like 5 angles to choose from...5!!)

Oh yeah I almost forgot , I agree w/ Ken42 in that I've learnt to look past the black bars & enjoy : )