1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

movie too big for dvd

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by bimbowed, Jan 20, 2005.

1. bimbowed

bimbowed Member

hello everybody...newbie to this forum:D

ok my problem is this:

i d/loaded a movie off the net and now i want to burn it to dvd but it IS too BIG for the dvd. i know i need to shrink/compress etc..but i don't know which software to use. any suggestions would be most helpful.

i have win xp, 2 yr old pc, the latest nero, and most 'other' bits and bobs added to my pc.

bimb

2. Crusty1

Crusty1 Member

you can compress the file right in Win XP go to the properties of the file and in the advanced tab you can compress the file there should work for you

3. iriedawta

iriedawta Guest

or you can use dvdshrink program, which is free. just type in dvdshrink in this search forum and it will take you to a download site. or type dvdshrink in google and it will find it for you

4. heybilly

heybilly Regular member

wut is crusty talkin about????

5. colw

colw Active member

Would suggest you ignore Crusty1 advice.

Your option depend on the format the download is in - if AVI you will need to convert to DVD compliant format.

If they are VOB files, you can use a program such as DVD Shrink to compress.

6. bimbowed

bimbowed Member

thank you all for your suggestions. am going to try them all very shortly but there is one thing...when i go looking for the files on my hard drive when i want to burn via nero and i use kazaa lite, i can only ever see/find the 'music files'. where do the movies hide. sometimes it is just sheer fluke that i do find them.

7. Crusty1

Crusty1 Member

they go to the My Shared Folder file in your C drive. Open "my Computer" then open your C drive and the my shared folder will be there and that is where the files go