1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie Twisted using DVDdecrypter or SHrink it problems!!

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by emunity, Sep 17, 2004.

1. emunity

emunity Member

Has anyoen been able to make backups of Twisted? Using lastest version of DVD decrypter or DVD shrink it I get read errors.

DVD drecrypter around 42-46% I get this I/O error bunch of messaged about interpretation:Check condition etc! starting with Sector 1622864 and up to 1622868 Interpretation: Unrecoverable read errors.

I tell it to retry and same problem then I tell it to ignore it and I keep getting more sectors erros.

I cleaned the DVD really well and I don't see any notable deformation in the DVD? I have one store bought one and one I rented from Block Busters. both seem to do the same thing so is this a copy protections scheme that the newest DVD drecrypter 3.5.1.0 or shrink it cannot overcome?

Thanks

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I did Twisted ... Ashley Judd & *Samual jackson* :), right?

I used DVD Decrypter to rip, then ran it through CloneDVD2. AnyDVD was disabled (don't turn it on till I need to)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell 8250, Pentium 4 2.80GHz
    1.5 GB RDRAM, 700GB HD
    NEC 2510A, Sony DDU-1612 DVD-ROM
    XP Pro SP2, ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 Pro[/small]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2004
  3. emunity

emunity Member

Actually with Samual jackson. Its sais special Collectors edition.

I tried both the one I purchased from best buy and rented a second copy from Hollywood Video and I get a copy protection erro in Shrink it and a FIle I/O error at exactly 42%, Every single time. I have AnyDVD running with DVD devrypter latest version of DVD decrypter and the latest non beta version of anyDVD.

Anyone else try it yet? Is it because this DVD is a special collectors edition and maybe it has some new protection scheme that is not yet incorporated in the latest version of DVD decrypter and anyDVD?

Can someone help me with this problem?

THanks

4. emunity

emunity Member

sorry about the double post I got a server not found and didn't think it posted so when I hit the back key in IE and forward key it posted again. Very sorry.

I am hopin gother people have tried to rip this new movie to see if any one else has encountered this error as I have on 3 differnet PC all with different burners but all with the same ripping and burning software.

5. flip218

Do you know how many people try this? Enough already ... I did "Twisted" with Decrypter (ripped at least.)

Try using AnyDVD w/ CloneDVD2. You can use CloneDVD2 for 21 days also.
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

6. emunity

emunity Member

No go. Tried as you said both AnyDVD and CLoneDVD2 and I got an error. THis time its called Cyclic redundancy error. it said to check the surface of the DVD. Its clean.

So what is going on?

7. flip218

My thoughts ... bad factory disc.