1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

movie with .cue and .bin files...

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by the_one88, Jun 16, 2003.

1. the_one88

the_one88 Member

how do i make a movie that i have viewable??

i have a .bin file, and a .cue file.
    i think i understand all that about how to burn the .cue file, BUT:

1. why? why is it so important to burn the .cue file on to a cd, AND
    2. how do use the .cue file afterwards, with the .bin file???

because i want a movie file on my computer, not a lot of strange files, OR an (S)VCD. just want to watch the file on my computer.

i hope someone can clear this out for me._X_X_X_X_X_[small] - "Whoa!"[/small]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2003
  2. pelttu

pelttu Regular member

Bin/cue files are simply image files, which can be burned to CD by burning software like Nero etc.

In order to get them viewable you need to install alcohol 120% or daemon tools and make virtual cd drives with them.

3. the_one88

the_one88 Member

ok, but wich one of them (.bin or .cue) am i supposed to burn to a cd. it is the .cue, right? and then what should i do with the .bin file?

do i have to install those "virtual drives" to make the movie viewable? canĀ“t i just extract the moviefiles?

4. pelttu

pelttu Regular member

It does not matter, both ones works. (I mean programs). I'm not sure but I think it is cue-file to be selected.

Alcohol 120% is good at handling copy protected cd's but trial. Daemon tools is freeware program and also good.

After installation You just mount your image files to virtual cd drive and view them with you player just like from you cd. It's easy...

You talked also about extraction. For that you could try VCDGear if your images are vcd's or svcd's.

5. the_one88

the_one88 Member

thank a lot guys! =)

i have another file i need help with too...
    it is a moviefile, that is put in MANY .rar files and when i try to extract the first one, it says "You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack sn1-vite.avi"

what shall i do??

6. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

you have to start with either the .rar or .001 - just extract that and it will pull the data from all other rars and you'll probably end up with a bin/cue or iso. if it's bin/cue you see both in the file that you need to extract, if you just see the bin, you aint got the right file. as to the other question about, you can use VCDgear to convert the bin/cue to mpeg, and you aren't burning the cue to the cd, the cue is simply the layout of the bin, which is an image file of the contents of the disc that you'll burn, but made into 1 file (bin) and the layout for that bin (cue). just open your burning software and go to burn an image, when it ask what image to burn, just select the cue, it will do the rest.