1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie won't play on my PC but will on DVD player.

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by kzar, Mar 9, 2005.

1. kzar

kzar Member

Has anyone had this problem where a certain movie just won't play on your PC but you know the Disc is fine? I have played this movie on my DVD player. I have the movie "Kates Addiction" with Kari Wuhrer. 99.9% of DVDs that I have tried to play on my PC have played fine. My Windows Explorer will not even see whats in my DVD drive. My DVD Player software, PowerDVD will say "no disc". I would like to back up this movie but nothing sees the DVD in my drive. What may be wrong?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

There is something wrong with that disk. Either Dirty, Sctratched, or corupt file. A standalone DVD player is better equiped to handle small imperfections. You could try cleaning the disk really good, or ripping it to your HD with Decrypter. If all else fails you are going to have to obtain another copy of that movie..

3. aleitz

aleitz Member

Try WinDVD. Excellent DVD player

4. sadsac

sadsac Guest

What does your windows explorer say is on the disk? Does it just not see anything when you click on your dvd player? Do you get an error?

5. kzar

kzar Member

I don't get any errors. The Dics never autostarts. I put it in and the PC tries to read the DVD but then it just stops and nothing happens. When I go to my computer or windows explorer it doesn't see the DVD. If I try to use a player, it will say "no disc". I just think the DVD has some kind of format that my drive doesn't recognize. The DVD plays great on the DVD player on my TV.

6. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

What software are using to play the DVD on your PC.