1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie won't play

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Dan_61, May 23, 2007.

1. Dan_61

Dan_61 Regular member

Hi

I burned 2 movies that i downloaded from the internet (p2p) is that a swear word on here ? lol

Anywho they played fine on my computer and my DVD player but they wont play on my brothers stand alone DVD player.

They are DVD +RW and i used VSO DivxTO DVD to change extensions.

Dan

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

RW media is trickier on stand alone players. They are great to expirament/pow around with,but there's a higher chance of compatability issues when slapping those backups on a lot of different drives.

Your player and pc plays it ok: Your bro's player is telling you something is wrong with it,usually compatability-which it'll show a No disc/Dirty disc/Wrong region/Wrong format/or illegal disc message after the disc is inserted.

With this compatatability issue,you'll have to find the correct format of media that suits all your drives and your bro's player.It may be simple as going with +r/-r/or -RW.

Other things can also contribute to that issue: Media quality,programs being used,sticker labels,burned too fast,etc. There's a slew of things that can give picky players fits when trying to read dvd backups.

Post back the answers to the following questions:

1) What's the brand name,model#,and current firmware version of your dvd-rw drive?

2) What's the MID code of your +RW media?

This free program will give you the answers to those questions:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd-r_tools/dvd_identifier.cfm

3)How fast did you burn them?

Depending on your drive,the best way to fix this little issue is to booktype those +rw's to dvd-rom. This fools players into thinking they are the dvd-rom format,which original dvds are. Post back the info any hopefully your drive has that booktyping (Bitsetting) capability.

3. Dan_61

Dan_61 Regular member

Thanks Saugmon

Thats alot of variables to take in, i guess i have to decide if its worth it, i dont want to buy different format disks when the ones i use work for me. I will sleep on it

Dan